gym question

I need to join a gym. I believe my health care includes some kind of allowance for it. I really need cardio, more specifically use of an elliptical machine.

I would like to find something that is open 24hrs, in the east Amherst/williamsville area.

Any reccomendations?

Thanks…

Planet Fitness on Sheridan right by the Wegmans. Its in the same plaza as Steves Wonderful World of Pets. It’s the only one in that area that has 24 hour, and its only Mon-Thur.

Planet fitness is amazing, i go there now open 24 hours during the week and i think 7-7 saturday and sunday, full membership is $20 a month, they had a $100 signing fee but i didnt have to pay it. They also give you free tanning with full pass. The contract locks you in for a year though so make sure you will go

Carl, ignore these other fags and listen to me.

I also go to Planet Fitness, and it will have the elliptical that you are looking for. After work it also has a lot of poon in short shorts, but there will also be a lot of meatheads.

It is undoubtedly cheap as hell.

It was so much better when it was World Gym. The new owners got rid of so much shit and dumped their gym template into this location like they have across the country. Doing this angered a lot of members that had been around for years >me< and while they have a lot more traffic now, a lot of that traffic sucks ( like the fags above me ).

That aside, it’s still going to be your best option.

Let’s have a monte then hit the gym and stare at some fucking babes.

Have you ever seen the meathead alarm go off? I always wanted to but I go at ~2am when it’s just me and an employee vacuuming.

FUCK PLANET FITNESS!!!

anywhere that has life fitness and hammer strength products.

Never… and on that note, some of the rules are fucking ridiculous. No lifting chalk, no wrist straps, no grunting. I realize it’s supposed to be a trendy communal gym that everyone can use and feel comfortable in… but sometimes I genuinely make a grunt or something. I don’t want to be prosecuted for it.

Agreed. I hate it… need World Gym back. But the infusion of teen hotties helps a little! :tup:

World Gym had some bad ass hammer strength machines… apparently planet fitness wasn’t willing to pay for the machine’s rentals and in the end… they are stuck with dookie.

i <3 golds :slight_smile:

Adam, I was hoping you would respond. I think I would prefer to go at like 1am and be by myself…

Is the ub gym worth looking into?

Edit: I’m really not looking for strength shit right now, just cardio. Once I am less of a fatty I’ll focus on strength. I have a wedding coming up and I want to look damn good for it…

golds FTMFW

Planet Fitness is alright It’s cheap and has jailbait in the afternoon. Great combo.

You want to train with weights anyhow as well to help with overall body recomp and resting metabolism. It will help you get leaner A TON faster then cardio on its own.

WAIT WTF!!! Why no lifting chalk. And sorry some people actually lift big weight and need straps. What a fucking joke. They discourage people who are serious about fitness and market anti meathead to help make their average fat shit customer feel better about being half assed into training. FUCK PLANET FITNESS!!!

wrd… its better cause i get to see paul all the time

I go there, I’m happy with it, pretty straight forward and basic. North has a much better selection of cardio/weight equipment compared to south.

Hours are a bit wonky though on weekends, and it’s not 24/7. But they will have anything you need equipment wise. And you can go to either the north or south campus freely depending on what is more convenient.

A tad over $20 a month, but there are no contracts.

This brings me to my next question. Do they have trainers there to talk to? Because I frankly have no idea wtf I am doing…

GOLDS if u want trainers

Not that I’m aware of.

Please dont pay a trainer. You can learn anything you need to know on your own. A lot of the trainers arent even that educated in how or why anything works anyhow.