Haiti Relief

If you text “Haiti” to 90999 you can donate $10 to the relief fund.

They are over $10 million.

Waste of money.

And why is that Chris? I’m typically not one to send forwards, chain mail, or post stuff like this but I have friends who were down there (one just came home) and it’s utter chaos.

^what he said

Obama is already sending $100 Million of my tax money that he dosen’t have not including military help. I’ll consider that my relief help.

Too each his own. If you don’t want to send, don’t send.

Stop bitching about it cheapskates. It’s $10.

:facepalm

Wow, that’s cold man… Cold.

yea maybe the insurance company shouldnt fix your slowbalt, that would be a waste of money…

By the time that $10 of yours passes through your cell phone carrier’s taxes and fees, it will probably be less than half of your original donation

I’m not saying its a waste of money…BUT, that country had $0 to begin with, I was down there for 3 months back in 2004 when there president fled the country and the rebels took over, of course my unit was the one who had to go restore order…anyway, that country needs a lot of help the place was trashed beforehand, now its just a little worse, they don’t have sanitation depts or sewage plants, this place is an extreme definition of a 3rd world country and we have been dumping money into the country all the time to keep the democracy in order, and that money already comes from our taxes.

I mean our govt if fawked right now, why aren’t people in other countries donating money to us? We need to fix our own problems let alone fixing everyone else’s, there is this thing called the UN, let them deal with it, which we are apart of, but as just a country it shouldn’t be our responsibility. Just my $0.02.

seriously… if you don’t wanna donate, thats fine, but don’t bitch about people who want to help others.

x2, obamas got it under control, i trust him :lol

Great, so $0 > $5 when people’s lives are at stake?

For those of you like MURDAWG over here who don’t understand what I am talk about:

There are better ways of donating than doing it through a TEXT MESSAGE

/cliffnotes

Think about who you’re really paying

Not to be a dick but, if you want to argue lives at stake, what about all the places around the world where kids are dying because they have no food or water. Are you donating to them?

im a hillbilly, i dont own a cell phone, or internet

Such as?

I’m interested to hear how you can get a $10 donation to the right people who will do the right thing with it, all without incurring a couple bucks cost.

You’re giving $10 to your cell phone carrers, who then allegedly take your $10 and give it to the relief fund.

If you’re going to get all hellbent on who’s a better person and who has no sincerity because of a fucking cell phone text message donation, why not take that $10 yourself and just give it straight to the fund?

alpine, lets not get our panties in a bunch because you are failing at defending your original comment…