Halo 2 tournament

A buddy of mine and myself are trying to get a Halo 2 tournament together for the middle of next month. The rules would be pretty simple with 4 on 4 team slayer matches using map default weapons and vehicles.

As most of you are probably wondering, the reason you and 3 of your closest bad-ass Halo buddies would want to go to a hall to school other so-called players instead of just doing it on X-box Live, is because in a tournament, you can take not only their dignity, but also their money. It’s a standard pay to play situation with each team fronting $20 per game and the winner walking away with $30. We were also thinking about some sort of monetary prize for the team with the most wins at the end of the evening. The better you are, the more you go home with.

Anyone interested?

We’re still ironing out the details (like location), but it will probably happen somewhere in Greensburg on the 21st of September. Right now, however, we’re still trying to determine the level of interest. Without any effort, it looks like we’ve got about 10 teams interested. We’re probably going to limit the size to 20-25 teams, so if you want in, don’t hesitate to contact me either on here or at slcorean@comcast.net

Sam

In!

Sweet! Welcome aboard. Shoot me an email and I’ll keep you posted on the details as we get them nailed down. Also, spread the word amongst our Halo brothern - the more the merrier - and have them send me an email to reserve a spot for their teams!

I would fucking rock that shit too bad I’m not home in Pittsburgh right now. what would be better is a Halo 3 tournament.

Just got out of a brainstorming session on how we’re going to do this thing and I totally agree. If this goes well, the next one will be running Halo 3. All you beta bastards will have a step up on us common folk with the new moves, weapons, and vehicle tactics.

After spending the last day discussing, brainstorming, and generally obsessing, it looks like it would be a lot easier for everyone to run with a typical tournament style play. Winner advances. It also looks like there could be three teams in the championship round in which case, we would run a 4-on-4-on-4 free for all to determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.

Prize money would be determined by participation, but we’re trying for a $1000 paid out: $500 for 1st, $300 for 2nd, and $200 for 3rd.

Let me know what you guys think or if you have any ideas that would help out.

Sam