Texas Hold'em; Sat Sept 20th...7pm sharp

this is the first of ten tournaments. it’s like a league. Aside from the normal payouts every tournament the top 5O get points that accumulate and top however many in points after ten tournys get entry into another bigger tourny. Buy in is 4O bucks plus one for the target player if you’re interested in that. Usually get about 110 people give or take…It’s been growing every year. if you plan on finishing top 2, you’ll be there til about 1Am. Last year’s format was ten thousand in chips to start with and blinds go up every ten mins i think. It’s at Wolcottsville firehall. I honestly don’t know how to explain how to get there. I know you take transit to robinson aka rt 93 and take that for a while, but other than having gps or just following me i can’t explain how to get through the maze of backroads. It’s byob and they sell burgers dogs and pizza there.

Thanks for the heads up.

In

+karma

edit: will give when i have more.

In

when the date moves closer i’ll post up a meet/thread where we can all meet up then whoever wants to can follow me there.

and i’ll be sure to bump this more as the date approaches as well.

BUMP!

this is 2 days away…

if people want to follow me, i’ll be willing to meet at Amherst Ale House at 6PM or so and i’ll be leaving there by 6:15…

i’ll try to describe how to get there…

990 to the end…left at end onto Millersport.

Millersport to the end…left onto Transit.

Transit to Robinson…right onto Robinson.

Robinson becomes Dysinger…take that to the end…it T’s…turn right at the T.

I don’t remember the Route # you’re on…but i’m sure there’ll be signs…well, make sure to follow the route…it veers to the right not far past where you turned right at the T.

continue on and the street you’re on will veer left…this is good if you made it this far.

this goes for a little while, then you’ll make a left onto Wolcottsville Road or Lane or something…the sign is kinda hidden i think, but IMMEDIATELY after the street/sign will be a sign on your left that lets you know you’re back in Erie County…if you see the Erie County sign you just missed Wolcottsville.

take Wolcottsville for a ways…you end up in a cute little town, speed limit goes down to 30 mph…you’re close…it’ll be on the right…you’ll pass a bunch of houses, a church, few more houses…then there’s the firehall where the tournament is.

coming from cheektowaga i give myself an hour to get there, and i live literally a rock’s throw from the thruway entrance so if you don’t live convenient to a thruway entrance give yourself another 10 minutes…i’d rather be early since they start at 7PM sharp…no late registers…and i’d be PISSED if i drove way the fuck out there just to be told no dice, tough shit…you’re late.

again…BYOB (i bring water since alcohol + me = not my best game), and they serve burgers, hot dogs, pizza, etc…there…not all of those things, but maybe 2 of the 3…they switch it up month to month…sometimes it’s pasta and ground meet in it with red sauce…and always cookies…all home made by old ladies, so you know they’re probably gonna be good.

I think I am in.

Haven’t played in a big tournament in a while so it would be intresting.

This sounds fun. Sureshot will you let me win?

I think I’m in also. Jay, I’ll let you cup my sack… that’s about it.

Anybody planning on going needs to let me know if you’re gonna try to find it on your own or if i’m meeting you at the ale house, since if nobody wants to follow i can save myself the detour. And i dunno if i ever mentioned it but usually the guys that get knocked out start side games and sometimes even low limit cash tables so you can do what i call ‘chasing your losses’ :lol:

I’m going to try to make it.

If so, I’ll navigate on my own.

Thanks.

Hey man, I’m gonna meet you at the alehouse… I don’t feel like trying to fuck around with the backroads. If no one else is going to meet, we can skip the alehouse and meet somewhere else if you want, since I’m right off Cayuga by the airport

i have to meet/pickup another friend at the Alehouse and it’s right on the way to the tournament anyway which is why i picked that spot. can get off the 990, go one block to the ale house…meet, one block back to the 990 and keep on it to the end.

i don’t know what car i’ll be in, and i don’t know what you drive…and the parking lot is rather big and usually full of cars by the ale house…so i’ll park closer to the Dunkin Doughnuts there and if you wanna call me when you’re there rather than walking around looking in cars for people sitting there feel free…949-1458

hmmmm I will find my way there if I can make it

I’m out. Oktoberfest in Hamburg!

but isn’t it still September? :gotme:

oktober fest is actually 3 weeks in September if I recall correctly

How well did this go down, I was out of town that weekend but I would still love to play. Any chance of another game?