Handsome Boy Modeling School

if you like chill, laid back, kick it music… check this group out…

has that de la soul sound in it…

some of you wont like it… but its worth a listen…

also… check these out too

listen bout 1:40 in

Handsome Boy Modeling School is a hip-hop collaboration between Dan the Automator and Prince Paul, producer of influential rap trio De La Soul.

Handsome Boy Modeling School is a conceptual hip-hop duo that parodied and acted as a commentary on vain, crass, materialistic, and self-absorbed members of upper class society, such as supermodels and people from old money. The pair often satirized upper class snobbery and perceived beauty.

In 1999, they released the concept album So… How’s Your Girl?, which was loosely based on an episode of the Chris Elliott sitcom Get a Life entitled “The Prettiest Week of My Life.” The episode also contains the origin of the name Handsome Boy Modeling School, where Chris Elliott’s character enrolls to become a male model. In the album, Dan and Paul assume the characters of Nathaniel Merriweather and Chest Rockwell, respectively. A number of guest musicians appear, including Del tha Funkee Homosapien, J-Live, Sean Lennon, Miho Hatori (of Cibo Matto), Mike D (of the Beastie Boys) and Don Novello (as comic character Father Guido Sarducci).

Their second album, White People was released in November 2004. Some collaborators from the first album return, and new collaborators include RZA, Cat Power, Casual, Alex Kapranos, Chester Bennington, Mike Shinoda, Jack Johnson, Cedric Bixler-Zavala, Mike Patton, Pharrell Williams, John Oates, Chino Moreno, Lord Finesse, Black Sheep, and comedy actor Tim Meadows.

they say, you gnow, j00 can take de vannn…

why you take suchha tiny steps?

wooooah handsome boy, this takes me back about 2-3 yrs… good to hear other people found this… mmm mm track 8, “i’ve been thinkin’” brings back some tasty memories… awesome downtempo chill song

yeah… my friend sent me the first song i posted and i started looking into the rest… i thought it was de la colaboration for a min then i looked them up… awesome sets… really sets any mood.

already downloaded the “hows your girl” disk… their beats are sick!

breakdown and A day in the life <3

for reference

day in the life

breakdown

good stuff.

THE BAND BLOWS.

FATHER GUIDO SARDUCHI FTW, THOUGH.

eesss naah alla cupa-cakes and a jeesusa joo-ooce

pretty tasty-cakes

They wanted me to take my shirt off. I’m a male model, not a male prostitute