Hankook Ventus V12 Evo- Thoughts?

I need to pickup a set of tires for my car… looking on tire rack, i stumbled upon these as being the lowest cost option… i kind of brushed them off, as i was looking for some PS2/3 or another set of invo’s but i was reading reviews online for tires, and saw http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/09q2/tire_test_nine_affordable_summer_tires_take_on_the_michelin_ps2-comparison_tests/hankook_ventus_v12_evo_page_10"]this article… and it looks like they beat every tire i was looking at … except for the star specs which don’t come in 19in …

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/hankook/hk_ventus_v12evo_ci2_l.jpg

Does anybody have any experience with these?

people on the M3 forum love them. What size does your M take?

Have these on my SRT-4 and they arent bad. I like them especially for the price

oh and I think with the free shipping they might be a little cheaper through Discount Tire Direct

I’m ran a set on the front of my GTO for a few weeks before I put my snows on. I was happy with them but they seem to squeal a bit more Kumho SPT’s I had on there before. I would have done all 4 but I had a bit of tread left on the rears so I figured I’d burn them off before picking up 2 more V12’s.

The Car and Driver review was what convinced me to try them.

let’s put it this way, what other tires are you looking at?

i want to try these too, pending reviews

I was looking at ps2 closeout or ps3 or anoter set of nitto invo, car takes 255/285 19… Budget was around 1200 bux, but I can get these for 800 shipped with a 50 Mir on tires.com

Bump!

I’m in the same position and might pickup a set of these. How are they working out Brian? Or did you go with another tire?

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Ha! I thought this thread was years old not 1-month, lol. My question still applies though :slight_smile:

I am running these on my wedsport wheels this summer, so we’ll see how they do. I don’t expect them to hook at all, but as long as I don’t fly off of the road, I’ll be happy :tup:

I read alot of good reviews about these, I’m gonna be ordering a set soon as my Yokohamas are so damn loud…

I run these on my S4. Super quiet and ride nice. I like them so far, we will see how well they wear. I came from Kumho SPTs which for awful.

I bought these for the S4 based on that same C&D article. They run a bit narrower than some other tires in the same size. Decent weight, traction and noise level. Will see how they wear, have about 10k on them now.

So far, a great tire for the money.

Their side profile is not as nice as some others I’ve run in the same size… but I’m nit picky.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Check your math.

I put a set of these on the GTI toward the end of last summer. From what I remember they were pretty grippy and good in the rain.

I JUST got a set for Becky’s A4 which I will be mounting up this weekend. DTD has a $50 rebate right now on a set of 4 tires if you use their credit card.

Dan

I’ve been really happy with them on my GTO. They’ll mostly hold first gear on clean dry pavement, something the Kumho SPT’s would just go up in a cloud of smoke trying to do. They ride smooth and I haven’t had any issues with wet weather performance.

ive been really happy with them, will get another set when these are through (rears wont make it to the end of the year i think)

Everybody still feel pretty good about these? I’m about a mouse click away from ordering them.

I want to own cloverleafs with star specs, but they are more money (about $200 more/set), more noise, and worse treadwear. I’m undecided. Always wanted no compromise tires on this sti, but it’s hard to justify with 40 miles/day on zee highway, and no track days to anticipate.

They are the best value tire. I run them on my summer wheels and enjoy them. Not the best performance tire I have ever had though, but the best compromise.

I ordered them friday. Thx…