Hard drive failed on my Mac Pro desktop...any good SSD deals?

could use some advice…my studio computer died today when i was exporting some stems. i’ve been running a RAID setup forever and wanted to switch to an SSD…today it crashed and won’t boot back up.

I really need to just buy some new drives…what are the best deals?

Samsung 850 Pro seems to be the look…500GB seems like best value, cheapest I could find is $360 on Amazon

What is the best deal in a regular hard drive right now? I need at least 3TB of space not including my backup drives.

go to OWC.com

I find it hilarious you posted up otherworld. I am actually the person responsible for his account here at Ingram Micro (distribution.)

The owner, Larry… pinches the hell out of me for HDD and SSD. Aside from him being a PITA to work with, OWC has a great reputation and solid pricing. He also makes a KILLING of HDD he buys from me… lol

Small world.

Very nice, i find there customer service to be wonderful. I had a external drive from them stop working. I was slightly over the warranty period and all the lady did was ask it was ever dropped. Told her it just sits on a desk haven’t moved it in 3 years. Told me to mail it in and they will fix it, Ended up being a busted cable on the case. After the great service i spent some more $$ and picked up another SDD and battery for a mac.

So what your saying is buy through you for a heavy discount :slight_smile:

Set up an Ingram account and buy tens of thousands of HDD’s a quarter through the channel, and yeah, i’m sure we could knock a few bucks off for you. :slight_smile:

Hell, with all the free shit we get working here, i’ve only ever gotten 1 hdd demo. The hdd space is super a tough, low margin, low back end space. Highly competetive.

Back to OWC though. They run a great ship. Their recieving and facility are incredible. Really, just a solid company. I’d buy from them anytime!

ah I ended up having to go to newegg, fuck, needed them last night

ended up with the samsung 840 and 3 x 3tb drives

should be good…now they want me to call and verify the order and all this shit :frowning: should have went with your boy