Harrassing my younger sister, rape threats....advice?

So I’m not really sure what to do here…my 18 year old sister has apparently been messaged on facebook via a blank profile - getting messages about being raped, in great detail. This has happened once or twice in the past month. This evening she recieved a phone call from a blocked number threatening the same thing, saying they know where she goes to school and lives.

Shes 18 and all of 100lbs - I don’t think she’d do well fending off any attackers, and unfortunetly my parents both work sometimes weird hours, leaving her alone at my parents house sometimes and I’m afraid something could really happen.

I’m not sure if I’m being paranoid or what, but what can we do? I told her to contact the authorities ASAP - but I’m not sure how much they can do, especially since they live in a podunk town in the Adirondacks.

Does anyone have any advice or ideas?

I would deff call the police.

Yea. Calling the police should have been first on the list rather than asking for nyspeed opinion

Police. simple.

You dont need to be a vigilante… wait for police interaction, they should handle this. In the meantime, tell her to be careful and not put herself in dangerous situations.

If the police don’t help, figure out who’s making the threats and then and ONLY then post up here :slight_smile:

Death.

Fucking scumbags.

Because this is against facebook’s TOS they will have no problem giving the IP address of the user. Definitely go through the police

police +1million, Facebook as well? I’m sure that violates their terms and maybe they can collaborate with the police to get charges pressed. That’s nothing to take lightly…

Is her FB profile set to private?

I have my own set so that nobody but my friends can send messages, view pics, and read my wall/info.

Also, its time for a concealed carry course.

http://www.wellpromo.com/upload/upimg89/8-1-2-x11--Stock-Design-Police-69689.jpg

Police x 100

Also make sure her profile is set to AT LEAST friends only, and take her cellphone number off there.

blerg. not cool.
Cops.

Seems like a well thought out topic.

Whats next?

Hai guiz, I just cut my left hand off, what do you think I should do?

^Police.

Walk it off

Seems like the cops should be able to trace the IP address via Facebook. I’m no expert, but that would seem possible?

above advice, but I also keep a couple bottles of Wasp Spray, reaches up to 20 feet and is killer in a attackers eyes.

in case you’re not catching the drift

have her print out the FB message, have her use it as a reason to get her permit

http://tacticalgunsandgear.com/firearm_sales/images/rugerlcp%5B1%5D.jpg

edit; nm, shes 18. umm, call police

1. call police
  2. get rid of facebook

Wasp spray is actually a great idea - it’s legal. I don’t think pepper spray is legal in NY is it? My sister is a case worker and has to go to the hood all the time so I bought her some pepper spray when I was in PA. Calling the police is obvious though and if they really do live in a small town in the Adirondacks it should be much easier to get a carrying permit than if she lived in Erie County.

Teach her basic stuff like to always lock the doors (I grew up in the city so it weirds me out that suburbanites to go sleep with their doors unlocked), and how to tell if she’s being followed when walking or driving. Also, teach her to go for the nuts.