Has anyone dumped Time Warner if so please help

I tell everybody that complains about TWC that they’re right it does suck but everything else sucks a lot more so technically its the best until you can get FiOS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I’m praying that at somepoint here in the next few years google will stop pussy footing around and start spreading their gigabit fiber. Or at least grow enough to force people like TWC and FIOS to offer close to that level of service for the same price (To be honest i think thats their goal to say hey look we can do this… you can too)

Solution: Sony PS3 connected to your bigass TV. Install PS3 Media Server on a computer in your house with a lot of hard drive space. Torrent your favorite shows and hour after they air, like everyone in the area had to do for Dexter this week. Watch on bigass TV. Netflix episodes of Arrested Development the rest of the time you are using the TV.

Or just build a media center machine to use streaming sites.

I have ZERO issues with TWC internet but their DVR boxes, as stated, are pure ****. Reboots constantly and the menus lag SOOO bad. This is my third box. They are ALL the same.

I hate them I have the fast Internet with the UBEE modem. It has issues with running more than one Xbox at a time it’s a huge problem they will not acknowledge. They are very expensive and their customer service sucks. F them

Why do you say that? I had TW for 2 years and hated it, constant reboots on the dvr box and router. after 2 years I moved and I asked them if they could do anything on price because fios was 50/mo cheaper, they wouldn’t do anything.
I’ve had fios for a year and love it, zero problems. I pay 110 a month and have showtime and hbo vs. tw where I was paying 160.

TW doesn’t even have showtime right now, sorry dexter fans

I don’t pay for TW Cable pay channels, pointless when you can torrent what you need.

I don’t really have any issues with my TV… my box is a little laggy sometimes but w/e.

When you say fast interenet do you mean just standard RoadRunner or Turbo?

When you say UBEE Modem do you mean just the modem and you have your own router? Or are you speaking of their wireless router they supply?

UBEE wireless router sucks… Get your own

Running more than one xbox at a time on the same network can be a pain in the ass regardless depending on what your doing. I forgot the feature but some routers have a feature that helps with this by "seperating’ the two xboxes automatically behind the scenes.

I haven’t dicked with it much because I don’t need to… However im not all that suprised.

Yes turbo with UBEE modem. I have messed with everything port triggering, static IP, port forward, DMZ host as has a ton of people in other complaints I’ve read. Looks like best way to fix is run UBEE in bridge mode to my own router

That’s interesting that your Ubee has issues.

When I got RR Extreme (30/5), I had MAJOR issues with DNS/dropped connections every 5 minutes on 3 different Motorola Surfboards. Once they gave me the Ubee, I was fine. I have it setup in DMZ so my own Netgear router handles EVERYTHING. But no more dropped connections.

Like Brian Earl Spillner though, I only have TW for Live Sports and NFL network/NBA TV, etc. Everything else I just download torrents or can catch using other methods.

I wish I could pay just for channels I need. I only have like 10 favorites and my guide is set to just show me those 10.

Yes I have had zero issues other than the Xbox issues

Bring back that router/modem and ask for a Standard non wireless Modem and get your own router so theres no need to dick with bridged mode/pppoe

Get a netgear N900, probably one of the better routers you can get right now, stay the fuck away from Cisco/Linksys shit its all garbage as of the past few years…

The UBEE router probably does not have the option/protocol in it that helps with having multiple xboxes on the network. Due to the way Microsoft handels authentication etc I guess running multiple xboxes on a network in general can cause havoc between them… some routers (n900 is one of them) has whatever stupid option it is that helps with this

Ok I’ll check that out thanks man

I don’t watch much tv at all so I just bought a $39 wall mount antenna at Walmart that gets 22 channels including all the locals plus ION and some other decent ones. I don’t get channels like Spike or HBO and things like that, but it’s completely free. I still have TW for my internet that is less than $35 a month and Netflix for $8 a month.

That seems like a pretty good option, just using Road Runner and streaming shows/using the digital off-air.

was expecting this to be bitching about showtime.

fuck time warner douches for not making a little less money so we could have dexter on sunday night, i had to fucking wait an hour and a half later to start watching it then i normally would (dl torrent time). never have torrented dexter till sunday.

Why not just stream it? Plenty of places to see it in HD the next day.

because i watched it in hd that night, and didn’t have to deal with streaming.

Doesn’t this only work if they leave your ‘filter’ off on the pole? Or is this something different?

If so, do you get the following? :lol

ABC
CBS
NBC
TNT
FOX
ESPN, ESPN2, etc.
TruTV
NetGeo
History
Discover

?

I was going to just do the antenna and Hulu but our antenna only got abc and PBS.