Have Fios? Its about to get more awesome...

Doubling the download. That means 25/25 will get 50/25 and 35/35 will be at 75/35.

SIQQQQ I have to order FiOS for my new house anyway…might as well get the 25/25

my 25/25 is right at 23/22 right now.

Good, so that means the cable company will increase their speeds also because they have to.

I wish they offered Fios in Rochester. Fuck Time Warner.

Nice I have 25/25 now, lol, god I love fios!

This.

fixed

lol I don’t know what to do with the speeds have now. Website and most things I access and/or download don’t have the ability to keep up to take advantage of it. IMHO

I see 100+ speedtest results from my Comcast buddies in TX all the time, they think 25/25 is like DSL…

Most of your home routers won’t even hit those speeds lol

hmm 75/35 sounds very nice. 12000KB/s usenet downloads!

This, Not to mention only recently did their routers start coming with Gig ports.

Time Warner and the other bug box isp’s are going to be rolling out a “6 strikes” piracy program soon. Something along the lines of if your ip is reported to have illegally downloaded a file 6 times, they will throttle you or completely disconnect your service. Was just reading that the other day in bgr.

The same file 6 times or just anything 6 times?

Is this a serious question? LOL

That 6 strikes thing got delayed

Semi-Serious. I’d assume that if you are caught uploading illegally 6 times you’re out. But the poster above said file.

<EDIT>

From the article:

“No upgrade is required if you already have the 150Mbps speed and want to go to 300Mbps,” Verizon spokesperson Phil Santoro told Ars. “If you have a slower speed you may need new equipment, which we will provide and install for free.”

My entire house is cat6e gigabit LAN. Swapped the Fios router for my own, plugged directly into the ONT.

Bring on the big pipe! :slight_smile:

I don’t care about gig LAN most home routers won’t route traffic that fast

When I worked at twc I would have to go directly into a Cisco 4948 switch and bypass smaller consumer grade routers to get über Internet speeds