Have you ever moved away from your home town?

1970 - born in Rochester
1977 - moved to Mendocino, CA
1978 - moved to Fresno, CA
1979 - moved to Redding, CA
1980 - moved back to Rochester
1981 - moved to Houston, TX
1985 - moved to Sodus Point, NY
1986 - moved to Chili, NY
1987 - moved to Bristol Center, NY
1989 - moved to Buffalo, NY
1991 - moved to Knoxville, TN
1998 - moved to Salt Lake City
2004 - moved to Bristol Center, NY
2005 - moved to Lockport

I spent ~2 years in the depths of pennsylvania, about 30 minutes west of Philadelphia. Yuck.

Lived in North Carolina, Korea then back to North Carolina. I liked being away, but am back here because no other place on earth is home, even if that area is frustrating from time to tim.

Born and raised in Buffalo NY until September of last year.

Now Houston, TX.

I can say that southern people are really friendly, and the roads are 1000000000% better then at home.

Nature out here is completely different though.

Buffalo Bads:
Taxes
Roads
Job Market
Government
Working in Winter

Bufflalo Goods:
Family
Nature
Light Traffic
Cheap Stable Housing
Indians

west seneca to east otto

Born in Chicago, there till ~18, Went to school in the Roc, Moved to FL for 10 months, no Dallas for almost two years

born nt, lived in the outskirts of St. Louis for 2.5 years, miss STL alot, back in buffalo/NT for an amazing job. laid off, just a matter of time before I get out of here. Debates: Family and friends, culture, food, outdoor stuff VS. Dying area, nothing new is coming, taxes, time for change, and number one factor WEATHER. I’ve seen too much of the outside world to settle in Buff, although for the right reasons it wouldn’t bother me.

Yes, I lived in Buffalo, Ft. Myers FL, and Ft. Collins/Loveland CO. Plus a stupid amount of travel, I will be leaving the area in the next 24 months hopefully.

Oklahoma City, Eastern Ohio, Buffalo, and I’ll be leaving Buffalo in April.

I was born and raised in Auburn Hills MI, and moved out here to Buffalo when i was 20-21 for a girl, broke up 6 months later but stuck around anyways since it was a nice change to be away from things i was used to. Always thought about moving to NC or TN, just haven’t talked myself into it yet, nor do i have the funds for a move at the moment.

Lived in the Southern Tier my whole life and went to college there as well.

Moved to Buffalo in 06.

Moved to DC area in 08 and been here now for about 9 months.

Same situation as the OP. Went to Buffalo (from Rochester) for college and got a job right after graduation here and I love my job and the people I work with so hard to find a reason to leave.

Its just getting shitty that a lot of people I spend years with in college are graduating and moving back home cuz they can’t find jobs so its starting to get lonely.

I get a long with my parents and family so living at home wouldn’t have been a big deal esp since its about $1,000/month in living expenses cheaper but I got the best offer here.

Went from being in Amherst for 20years and now I’ve been in Myrtle Beach for almost 4. I Loved both places, MB is my home for sure since I have a house here… But the car scene is 1000s times better in WNY!