HDCP?

I’m trying to hook my plasma tv up to my TW digital cable box via HDMI. When I plug the HMDI into the tv and the cable box, I get the message:

TV does not support HDCP"

The message is displayed by TW, not the TV itself.

The plasma is less than a year old. Not sure how it cannot be upto standards for TW.

Is there a setting I’m missing?

Any input appreciated

Try to reset the cable box by disconnecting the power and turning back on. Had something similar happen with my TW box testing a new tv i bought.

I’ll get that message if the cable comes slightly loose too

make sure the only cables you have connected to your cable box are CABLE IN/POWER/HDMI

any other cables such as cable out or component or composite out will trip this due to the protection

That could be it. I think I still have the composite hooked up.

Thanks for the info!

np lemme know if it worked

This happens sometimes also when TWC sends out firmware updates overnight. Having a composite video output running along with HDMI should not cause any issues to arise. I had that done for over a year with no issues.

I’ve seen more times than I can count it work fine for someone when they go to bed and the next morning it’s shit. Go with first reply. Unplug box from all wires/power. Hook up HDMI once the box is powered on AND configured (i.e. once it shows the time).