Help with TW HD box and Tivo

My dad just upgraded to TW HD from their regular service. They installed the new box today and now his Tivo does not work properly. He has to switch to Colorstream HD1 for HD and back to Video 1 for Tivo. Tivo also seems to just record what he is watching. If he changes the channel, it records the change. I know nothing about TW or Tivo so I need some help. This is how it is wired:

Any ideas what we need to do ?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/juicedss/tv-1.jpg

I dont rmember off hand, but there should have been a pamphlet that came with the TiVo that shows how to do it. I know it can be done (did it for a friend), but not 100% sure.

Or check out TiVo’s site

Tivo should have component also Butch, im not sure if it would work with that mix of cables

I dont think you can view HD over composite cables.

the rca out yello whit red should go into tivo from the time warner box. from there they should go into vid one on the tv.you do not have a hd tivo so you will not have the ability to watch tivo in hd. so to watch tivo you will have to set it to record certain things by hour times not by show. so the hd box will didplsy on your redbluegreenhd and the tivo will go on video one. tell your dad to not be cheap and rent the time warner hd dvr

lol would of helped butch if u said he didnt have a HD tivo

throw the tivo away and pay $5 more for the high def DVR. It’s not a wiring problem, it’s an expectation problem give the technologies involved.

working with tivo support now. I hate tw and tivo!!!

Not trying to record HD. He can’t even record one analog and watch another at the moment like he could before. And for the record, he isn’t being cheap. This is our first experience with TW HD and Tivo. TW is too stupid to tell the consumer that they may have an issue now. They are utterly useless over there. I hung up on that bitch…

switch to DTV :slight_smile:

TW blows as u probably know

Yes TW blows. Tivo blows. blah blah blah.

It is fixed now. Tivo worked through it with me. TW support was useless as always.

Thanks for the replies…

you can’t. you need component cables for 720P and HDMI for 1080.

ditch the tivo and get the TW HD-DVR.

You can get a HD Tivo that will work on the time warner system. It uses cable cards, so you can get all the channels TW offers, only downside is you can’t use the on demand channels.

Disclaimer
I am a TW employee (not in Buffalo Division) so I am a bit biased but I am fair person.

To those saying don’t be cheap… Tivo DVR even older gens is vastly superior and better than SARA/SARAC that resides on TW settops currentlly. Even with added the ability to DVR hd it would a serious culture shock and step down for a TIVO consumer. Too bad TW Buffalo won’t get “Navigator” anytime soon it can compete with Tivo and is only getting better (this is one of things i support I work in the Advanced Technologies Group)