TW HD Packages?

Theres a huge box under the tree, so its time to look into some better content for the ol’ tube. We allready have one HD box, how much is it to add another? Or how do you get the ‘free hd’ stuff? Im assuming you need a digital box for that? How much to add one of those?

Do the HD boxes have HDMI out, or what? And would they come with a HDMI or DVI cable? The one we have only has a DVI out, and it scales very poorly. But its like 2 years old, so maybie thats it…

Thanks, TW’s website is useless…

for my extra HD box, it’s 8$ a month. Mine outputs component and dvi, but they had hdmi ones available- but i think it was only if you get the HDDVR box, which was 18 or 20 a month.

I picked mine up right in Batavia, so much quicker then waiting for them to drop it off.

the HD box is DVI only, if you get the HD DVR then it is HDMI

You do need the box to get the content unless you use rabbit ears, and they will charge you another of the same fee that you pay for having one now.

And you can get the box in West Seneca at the little office window

so how much extra is it going to be if all i have now is regular cable, no digital cable? I am getting a new tv and have nothing but basic non-digital, and i need to get hd for my room. How much extra am i looking at a month. (i’ll have to pay my parents the difference)

QFT

Let me shout over to billing hang on…

If you have an existing box, it will be $9.95

I JUST did this…its about 12 bucks including DVR and an HDMI box. Its about 6 or 8 bucks for just the HD box

Why keep TW if you are interested in HD? Dish network has more HD (Not sure on their price) and DirecTV has over 80 full HD stations for $9.99 a month.

It sounds wicked slow to change channels on a dish. And we had bad experiences with them in the past. And since i dont own the house, id be hard to convince my dad to switch when he dosent even watch the hd channels…

I hear its like $8 for the HD box… but…

$9.95? why does everyone think theyre getting billed $8?

$10 a month isnt a big deal, i guess ill pick one of those up, just got a dvi to hdmi reguardless…

I dunno, straight from the billing department’s mouth lol

Silly TW!

I wish I still had the receipt so that I could confirm for you.

the new hd converter (3250HDC) has an hdmi output, hdmi cable not included

Oh really?

So do i need a DVI to HDMI or just HDMI cable? hmmm…

I guess i could allways just get a HDMI and a adaptor…

awesome, waaaaaaaaay less than i was expecting. thanks

You always hear about DTV’s “80 HD channels, soon to be 100” but you never hear anyone with DTV raving about the quality of these HD channels… Most are shit. Quality as in would you watch it.

If you want HDMI cable, hit up monoprice.com, it’s like under $10 shipped for a 6 footer. There is no difference in $10 hdmi and monstershit’s $120 hdmi.

if your tv has hdmi in then all you need is a hdmi cable if it only has dvi in i wouldnt even bother with an hdmi to dvi it kinda defeats having a hdmi cable in the first place

my opinion hdmi is not all its cracked up to be, I am an installer for tw and I also have a small business hanging flat panels and installing home audio. For most people just trying to watch tv at night when they get home the composite cables tw gives to you are fine. I have people every weak after i show them composite and hdmi tell me they are going back to best best buy or cc to return the $95 hdmi cable the sales associate told them they needed to get hd

False. Not shit, but thanks for playing.