HDTV Service

also for anyone looking to hook up and over the air antenna

check this site:

http://www.antennaweb.org

tells you the best antenna to go with for what location your in

just type in your zip code and go from there

yeah this is what i was talking about…a lot of the channels are not 24/7 HD like Dish network.

Dish network > Direct > comcast

Direct is not to far off that 100 goal right now…i think they have close to 70 now with all the premium, local sports(FSN’s), etc…

Dish is around the same but more true HD content.

i have the dish gold package and pay under 100 a month… but don’t use their dvr or it on any other TV.

got my antenna from radio shack, it was like 30 bucks… i was in a crunch to get the superbowl in HD last year.

Indoor? Which one? Does it work good?

it’s indoor… it’s the radioshack version i do believe, it’s behind the tv on the floor, i’ll have to look. i know a friend had an indoor outdoor motorola that was really nice.

it works… it’s hit or miss though, i get about 5 over the air, a friend out in the middle of no where gets 20+

its def. hit or miss…some just work better for certian situations. just save your reciept if you get ohme & its not that good, take it back & try another model/brand/style

& location you put it in the house is key too, my TV is in my living room , but when i was using the indoor one it was in an upstairs spare bedroom.

as far as your boy getting 20+…ive heard of people who live like in cranberry & other outer lying town being able to pick up Pittsburgh & other towns feeds, like erie, youngstown etc.

i like direct tv

for one reason for sports…nfl ticket march madness etc

i am going with direct tv probably in the next few months

With the HD antennas, how do you know the channel numbers? Will KDKA (CBS) still be channel two and WPXI (NBC) still be channel 11? I know on dish there are separate channel numbers for the HD channels. If an antenna would work, I am going to pick one up this week. No more standard definition steeler games streched across a 52 inch HDTV yahoo!

it will be a digital version of channel 11 so it will be something like 11.1 im not positive as i dont run ota, all digitals will be a number.number

just make sure when you hook up the antenna add digital channels

its in the menu under search digital channels on your tv menu

and like i said before check out antennaweb.org

you type in your address and it shows you where the optimal placement for your antenna will be and what channels you will get

my over the air fox is 53 but i also get 53-1 and 53-2… you’ll know the HD channels for sure :slight_smile:

yeah the HD’s are the normal number point or dash something

11 has like 3 or 4

11-1, 11-2, 11-3 & 11-4 one of them is a 24/7 local weather & radar.

i think fox has 3 now normal 53, 53-1, 53-2 the difference is that 53-1 shows the non-hd stuff in 4:3 , 53-2 scalably stretches it to letterbox/wide screen

Here is comcasts HD and other package details, for most areas in Pittsburgh.

Digital Starter - 54.48 (current promo - Digi Starter w/HBO - 39.99/month for 12 months)
HD Box - 8.99
HD/DVR Box - 3.99
DVR Service - 9.95
Sports and Ent. Package (Speed, Fox College Sports, NFL Network…etc) - 6.95 (current promo 6 months at 3.99/month)
Digital Classic - 6.95
Digital Premier - 11.95
All Premiums(HBO, Showtime, Starz, TMC, Skinemax) - $10 each (current HBO and Show. promo $5/month for 6/months to $10/month afterwards)

comcast blows if your looking for HD.
pricy for what you get, picture is sub-par, HD channel lineup is WEAK!

damn i didn’t know they charged you extra for speed, nfl channel…?

I get it all free so I cant really complain too much, i wish they had more HD channels though. They are working on it though. I personally think they should worry about upgrading the services rather than buying out every cable company in the tri-state area.

Just called Dish Network. Found out that I can upgrade from standard definition w/ DVR to a HD DVR and it will only cost me 80 bucks for the upgrade. On top of that, it will be an additional 20 bucks a month for HD programming, but that will be waived for the first 6 months. It seems like a really good deal to me so I think I may sign up for it tonight. It will be a total cost of 50 a month for now and then 70 a month after the first 6 months. That is for DVR, HD Channels, and then 200 additional digital channels.

all right, I’ve been havin the same problems as Cutty.

i got my HD LCD back on thanksgiving day.

its a Polaroid 46" HD LCD, with built in ATSC HD tuner.

the owner’s manual is shit.

whenever i change channels and see the box with the channel number, it says " 480i SD " and my picture isnt sharp at all. even when watchin something broadcast in HD on Disc. channel.

i went though all the settings, and can’t find anything?

any help?

Did you get the HD box from ShitCast?

If so, you need to go into “setup” on the box and change the output format to 720 or 1080 or whatever your TV suports. Box must be off, TV must be on, hit the “setup” button on the front of the box. I think the default is 480i when you get the box.

FuckCast should have given you these instructions…

how is the box hooked up to the tv? is it saying 480 on disco hd?

OK got Digital Cable with a HDbox. Now i have a HD LCD tv, and a HD comcast box with the HD digital package.

Now does this mean that when NASCAR comes on and say “Available in HD” That i can switch to the HDFox channel number 213 or whatever, and that NASCAR will be on in HD simotaneously as on regular cable?

I tried last night, cause Cash Cab came on Disc. channel. So I went looking for the HD Disc. channel, and couldnt find it. In my pamphlet it says the channel exists, but instead the channel says " HDT " which is HD Theatre. So i wasnt able to watch Cash Cab in HD… whats up with it? Is there a Disc. channel in HD?