WTB: DirectTv HD Tv box

Anyone got one for sale ??

why…they only got like 6channels & two of them are premium so you need HBO & showtime to get them…they offer locals but you can get that for free with the right hardware.
unless you really want espnHD & discoveryHD…just get a OTA “over the air” HD reciever & an antenna & get NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, UPN, PBS, etc… all te locals in HD for free.

if you want more channels…get Dish Network…thier HD lineup is way better then Direct & cable
they got like a total of about 15-20 since they bought out Voom.
they have HD channels that no one else offers.

just switch to them I get your hardware & install for free…they were offering a free HD upgrade & a free DVR(normal broadcast DVR) up to 4 rooms w/ free install i think .

I get all locals in HD & I’m switching soon to Dish cause they have a better HD lineup. so in the end i’ll have like 25 or so HD channels where as if i upgraded my direct to the HD package it would only be like a total of 12-15 HD channel (their 4-6 + my 8 OTA)

I have Direct TV HD on right now…there’s 14 programs on in HD at 11:30 am

what ones…
1/2 of them you can get OTA for free (locals)

last time i checked they had

4 regular (ESPNHD, DiscoveryHD, …)
2 premium (HBOHD & Show HD)
& 7 locals

???

Dish has like double what direct has.

maybe well switch

all im saying is if you want a lot of channels get Dish network
& the cost to switch is little to nill.

if you just want “some” HD channels just get an OTA reciever & antenna & you be fine & not have to pay a monthly fee…unless your heart is set on the few that Direct offers.