Cable or Dish once and for all

I’m paying $115 a month for digital cable for 2 TVs and, DVR on one, and internet… so $70 without the net. The dish appears to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper per month and it’s been out for while so I’ve heard alot of the reliabilty issues have been worked out. Honestly I don’t watch enough TV to justify the payment.

never owned a dish but my odl nieghbor did and they hated it

Everytime the Dish upgrades something you need to buy new equipment. Plus… If you have several TV’s like we do… you need more than one dish. I think it is 2 tv’s per dish… not sure though.

looks like same package is about $42 a month for dish? sound about right :dunno:

i only have 2 TVs it’s just 2 of us

what are you talking about.

We havn’t had to upgrade anything and there are always imporvments being made. We are notified of them as well…

You can have as many TVs as you want on a single dish. They even make recievers that you can hook up several Tvs to one reciever and they all have their own remote allowing them to watch their own channels. Thus shrinking the amount of “Boxes” you need if you choose. Look it up.

Ours must have been older than yours then… They told me it would like like $1000 to get everything we needed to have all the tv’s on the dish… it was 2 dish, 2 receivers… So we cancelled and went Cable… I like the cable and will never use the dish again.

without reading Fuck dish

we had one many years ago when the first came out. you needed a reciever for each tv. yeah, it’s a bit different now. we had ours before they had local channels available

what did you guys have one of those big 6 foot dishes you had to have a permit for???

We are going on 3 years with our stuff and have had no issues what so ever. So I don’t knwo if thats “newer” than your stuff… :dunno:

now, we had the small dish, it was about 97ish when we bought it, maybe 98.

We’ve had cable since 2001??? maybe

missed your post… sorry, yeah thats is older.

Anyways Cable sucks especially with them constantly rasing their rates. In 3 years I have had one rate rase back when Viacomm was causing issues.

It went up by 1 dollar. Then they sent out an appology for it and gave us 4 or 5 free Pay per view movie vouchers. :boink:

So I pay 65 now instead of 64, and I have HBO Cinemax and like 120 channels, Locals, plus I get their music channels AND All the sirius Music channels which are no extra cost and don;t count towards the 120 channels…

Plus its already digital. Its only gone out 2 or 3 times for a total of like 1-10 min. Never had a ice problem.

I laugh because my dad is getting another $5 (approx) hike on his comcast and he gets less than I do…

Dish = the win

I had dish and cable at the same time in cincy,
cousin watched dish upstairs
Im down stairs watching the same damn program on cable.

The biggest fucking delay ever for that dish, It sounded like an echo:rolleyes:

dish was harder to navigate, slower scroll menu :kekegay:

I dont know what the $ was for each one out thier.

what about your local channels??!?!?!?! :eek:

the local channles are for OPRAH people :down:

there are delays between cable, HD, and Dish.

And chad if you were asking about my locals they were also included and not part of the 120 channels…

the two things i like most about dish, was speed channel was on the basic package for me,(cable is not) and i liked the guide menu. you could scroll hrs ahead to see what was on and shit like that.

Yeah the scroll ahead thing was cool

Comcast Cable modem >*

cable has the scroll ahead mode also :rofl:

ours doesn’t
we don’t have digital
adelphia sucks