Headers and Manifolds

Here is the deal. i have a set of headers for a 305-350 chevy with a good bit of surface rust but nothing even close to a hole. i would use them on my truck but on the passanger side it dumps right into the tranny mount crossmember. It is to close for an elbow or anything like that. i have the manifolds off a 350 on it now but i would rather nice headers. i was wondering if anyone has any tricks to making this work or if they would want to trade a pair of shorty headers for mine. ill send pics at your request

sometimes just have to buy after market parts for models not just makes :rofl:

What the hell kind of chebby truck ? that would help

all i know is its an 82 frame, 80-85 blazer engine, 1954 1500 body. if i knew what the frame was from i wouldnt have a problem

Wow :rofl: ohwell bump for you. Good luck. post some pictures

82 frame? how you know that? work backwards part numbers / word of mouth etc.
sounds like a headache. buy a moped :slight_smile:

If i cant find someone who wants to trade im probably just going to get short headers that pour straight down so i can elbow them and angle the pipes wherever i want

List exactly what you know you have… make/ model/ parts for makes,models,engines Pictures of sisters make build etc
I’m lazy to go back through your old post to figure out what the F*ck you have. Apologize if said previous post’s before today. If not,someone can/could help you if lazy like me not reading past vague random shit you posted in recent days

In other words what the fuck do you know you have? list it !
Pictures too !

1982 frame. it has leaf springs in the back and front discs. a 1980-1985 chevy blazer 305. If anyone knows how to find Vin numbers or part numbers on the frame could you please tell me.

i found a forum where someone found the VIN number on the frame of an 82 chevy truck frame. If anyone else has this problem this is what the forum said. “there were 3 of them on top of the passenger side frame rail, under where the cab goes.”

Anywho tomorrow i will look for that number on my frame and then google the info to find out what my frame is from. im sure that will help alot.

can you cut the collector down? shorten it a little bit and then build rest of exhaust? or clearance the trans crosmember?

yea i could but idk if i want to do that. i think it would be better to sell the headers i have and get ones that will fit like short 1s or see if i can get 1s for this frame after i gather all the info off of it

like shag has said now numerous times now…PICTURES ! ! !

of what? its just going to look like any other frame. i found a number on it but i cant find a sight to decode it.

cuz u would be surprised as to what some of the guys like mater & jeff can identify by just looking at the stuff

Just get a set of block hugger headers for a small black chevrolet and take it to Jeff to make the Y-pipe or what ever you need. Its not that hard!!!

Forgive Jeff, his ethnic background prevents him from scraping anything. He’ll always say modify over buy new lol.

im definitly going true duels with magna or flowtech mufflers but im not sure where im going to dump it out yet. ive thought about stacks, standard out the back, or right behind the door before the bed. Idk but im still looking for a way to decode the frame ID number

Im planning on taking a video to post up on a few sites to show it running and when i do ill use that camera (cause its better then my phone) and take a good picture or 2 of the frame.

untill i can get some better pictures for you here is a link to cardomain where i have the build from day 1 and it has some decent frame pictures.

While we are on the subject of manifolds and headers i heard that if you run an engine with straight manifolds it could screw up the valves but because headers are longer you can run them straight and not hurt anything. any opinion from experiance or anything like that?

yo Dude, do you inject Heroin or Smoke a lot of weed ?

no why? i just get excited when i talk about my truck like most car guys.

I talked to the guy that gave me the frame and all he knows is its off of a 82, 1/2 ton pickup with a 6ft bed and had a 6 cylinder. im guessing the fact that it had a 6 is the reason my headers dont fit right.