Heat Wrap

Is there any reason NOT to put heat wrap on all the wires/wire looms that are anywhere near the headers? I’m going to zip tie everything that needs to be, but I figure this is extra insurance.

I was going to use Cool-Tape (metallic stuff) or something like it. Any opinions?

is the heat wrap re-usable?

fixed,

heat wrap :kekegay:

FiXED: Im a FUCKTARD.

woops, you meant the heat wrap as in for headers, my bad :doh:

fixed

hey shag! :booty:

Not sure. Some of it is adhesive, so probably not.

just make sure ur crusie control wire doesnt fall out of the wire loom like mine did and rest agianst the header!!!

if ur using aftermarket wires,dont worry about it!just make sure ur pinky finger fits between the wire & header tube etc!

I’ll make sure to finger it.

I just heat wraped my headers and i was done with it on mine… But i did my headers while they where off. It keeps it so much cooler under the hood.

Doesn’t that void the warranty?

dont need wrap if jet coated!

I decided just to wrap a few things that are close, like the O2 sensor and a few wire looms. $18 is cheap insurance.

correct!

i heat wraped soem things…but not my o2’s…didnt think they would need it b/c the deal with the hot exhaust all the time???

I meant the O2 wire. The headers moved it back further so the connector won’t clip to the block where it’s supposed to, which moves the wire closer to the header. But at least I didn’t have to buy an extension.

How did you manage not getting the extentions. . On my 94 I have to buy extentions. The drivers side works but to tight on the wires and the pass. side there is no way… :dunno:

ya i got the extentions too…works fine…and they r def. out of the way

you can always just extend the wires yourself