Hello everybody.

Hello everyone,

Was recently thinking about my old Civic and went searching around the web and came across this website. As my curiousness would have it, I started looking around and liked what I saw.

I’m currently running a Taurus, a bit more comfortable for a big guy like myself. I really enjoy reading up, and going beyond with preventative maintenance.

I’m from the Southtowns, have an AAS in Networking IT, working on a BBA in Management and work as a Systems Technician.

Going to grab a cold one, some of Paula Deen’s Deviled Eggs, and poke around.

Hi Dr.Nick.

Welcome to the fun zone.

Welcome. Anymore details on your Taurus?

:clap:

Welcome! :wave:

heyo

Its kinda funny, when I end up re-reading my test before posting, I hear Dr. Nick’s voice in my head.

So on to the Taurus… Bought it back in February, it’s a 2007, with 92,800 miles on it. It was originally a commercial lease car. It’s got the 3.0 Vulcan V6 with a healthy AX4N transmission. Got it for a good price and have really come to enjoy the car. So far I have put about 15k miles on it; I didn’t think I drove all that much. Since February I have flushed the transmission fluid twice and installed a B&M Supercooler to assist in transmission life. Also, I switched from the spec’d 5W-20 to 5W-30 Castrol Syntec. Have also flushed the cooling system and power steering.

Went to M&M a couple of weeks ago and got some spare rims to mount the Blizzaks on. Going to get it undercoated soon and have a nice winter.

One of the projects I’d like to tackle next spring/summer will be a rear drum to disc swap with a Gen 3 SHO.

I really like the Taurus, it’s not quick by any means, but its definitely me. I also find the new SHO’s sharp; I had the opportunity to try out one of those Ecoboost’s – I liked it.