Hello Everyone

Just thought I would introduce myself!!! I was introduced by silvia_13. Thanks Mike… well… Basically I live in St.Albert and I am self-employed. I buy, renovate and sell houses. I have know Mike for years and he has always talked about this forum but have never really paid much attention.(If you know mike, then you know what I am talking about) anyways… I know you are all import guys and you hate domestics but what the heck… I like imports but my father works for a GM dealership, so I couldn’t pass up the savings. I drive a 05’ Cadillac CTS-V… Yeah I know what your thinking. A Cadillac??? But its actually pretty fun… For those of you that know what it is, you might understand… I love all cars!! Anything that has four wheels, even though I am usually only on two.(ask Mike) But, just thought I would let you all know who I am and what I drive and hope to hear from anyone who will talk to a DOMESTIC car owner…HAHA

Thanks,
Trent

Greetings and welcome! Even though you drive a Caddy…

I already dont like this guy. Trent get ready to have your ass handed to you Cady Boy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ohhh, boy. Who let you on here!?!

Trent is a good guy…Im going to say one of the craziest guys i know, so watch out. He has some balls to when it comes to racing…Should bring some entertainment to the track days :smiley:

Ill see you in 4 days big guy!

:partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:

Hey Trent

Long time no see man!! Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: I was just thinking about this, I can’t believe its already been 2 years since the St Patty’s day we went to McDonalds and had a food fight in the drive thru!! LOL Mike remember that?? I wonder if we’re on camera??

Welcome man, if you know are friends with Mike you gotta be crazy or a little homo. hahahaha

Welcome dude.

Welcome… It may be a CTS-V but it’s no Spec V

Yeah. It’s a four door Corvette is what it is.

Congrats on the CTS-V man, those cars are fucking awesome! I can’t wait to see a 400HP snarling beast of a car ripping up the track at one of our events! :wink:

Aw… Someone who finally understands… Thanks PyreXXX… see you at all the race days for sure!! And I jsut bought a Corsa exhaust, so theres a little more snarl… Broke the bank though… WOW!!! no vaseline…

I can’t wait, man. Few engines in the world sound as good to me as a mean LS1 with a nasty exhaust on it…it gives me chills just listening to it! :smiley:

If you wanna get your rocks off listen to the exhaust I just bought… Go half way down the page and run your mouse over the numbers… its beautiful

http://www.corsaperf.com/cts-v.htm

Haha nice analogy. :E

Man, that sounds awesome. The perfect blend - the performance and WOT sound without being ricer loud all the time. Very very nice! :smiley:

Nice :slight_smile: What do you ride?

• Mike

I was actually talking about my car. HAHA…Don’t ride a bike yet although I ride some of my buddies bikes, GSXR 750, 1000, R6, 600rr once in a while but not enough… Looking to get something this year though, Thinking about either a R1 or Honda’s 1000rr… What do you think? And what do you ride? and would you recommend it? Thanks

lol… gotcha. Not sure about the recommendations, heh… it all depends on your experience and what you’re using it for. If you’re a new/experienced rider, whether or not you’re using it on the track, etc. I’d give you a different recommendation for each situation :stuck_out_tongue:

• Mike

nice riders on necc. I use to have a gixxer. planning on getting another one whenever I have money :?

I have a lot of just muking around experience and have ridden dirtbikes and quads most of my life. As stated before, I have ridden lots of different street bikes. I am basically looking for something I can go for cruises around edmonton on, nothing long distance. Maybe calgary and places like that but not long trips. I want something new not used. Other than that I am pretty much open to anything. I love the R1(just because its NUTS and I like yamaha) I like the 1000rr because honda makes good and reliable engines… GSXR’s are cool but everyone seems to ride them and one of my buddies has one, so thats outta the picture… But let me know what you think. I would ride it on the track but not too often. Oh and the mad cow is also out of the question. unless you can convince me otherwise… Never been a team green fan!! Thanks

Hehe, yeah I used to race a ZX-6R… that was back in 1998, and I’m sure Kawi’s come a long way since then, but that thing handled like crap. The weight was all wrong, and the rake was so bad that you really had to muscle it to lean past about 25 degrees.

Now I’m on an '05 R1… best bike I’ve ever ridden. It’s a fucking savage in all aspects. The thing absolutely dives into corners, perfect weight distribution, and a ridiculous power/weight ratio. The sacrifice is in the structural integrity… if you high-side it going any faster than about 20km/hr, you’ll more than likely need a new sub-frame :stuck_out_tongue:

The Honda’s are awesome… great street bikes. They’re built like tanks, and are decent track bikes. The 600RR is front loaded, which forces you to sit way back in the seat when coming out of a corner, but it’s not twitchy enough to bite you unless you’re really riding it hard.

For street riding and the occasional track day, I’d go with the Honda 600RR. You can probably find them slightly used for pretty cheap, too.

• Mike