HELP! Another starting problem.

Hey everyone, after getting the last problem solved a couple weeks ago I am now faced with another.

The S14 has been working great since the dealer changed the coolant temp. sensor, drove 1500km’s back from Halifax with no problems and have been home for about a week. I recently have installed a B&M Shifter and my new head unit, component speakers and 4 channel amp. That was all installed early in the week and had no problems with the car until tonight. After driving home from my girlfriends house, about a 2min drive I went inside quick to change and went back out to leave and I got in my car, turned the key, and nothing happened. The car doesn’t turn over or anything, fuel pump engages but nothing after that. I have power since my deck, lights, and power windows work fine.

Im hoping someone can give me some insight as to what might be causing this, the only options I have come up with so far are starter and/or alternator but I would like to know for sure.

Thanks.

Take off the starter and get it tested.
Just don’t have your head under the starter when your taking if off… if your not paying attention a starter to the chin doesn’t feel too good.
I got my starter rebuilt for something around $50 at some place that pretty much just fixes starters and alternators, was cheaper than finding one already rebuilt or a new one at a parts store.

Yea thats probably a good idea, any more info on a place I could get it tested/rebuilt?

I am also hearing a clicking noise when I turn the key to start it, it sounds like its coming from the fuse box.

The clicking sound would be the relay for the starter, a good sign that it most likely works, they rarely fail.
No idea of a place to get it fixed in your area. I was in windsor when i did mine.
Bust out the yellow pages and call around man. The phone book is your friend.

you should be able to tap the starter and it might ingage and start. but yes it does sound like your starter. if you want to make sure its not an elec problem try bump starting it make sure it runs good

Hey everyone,
The starter is the problem, push started the car today and ever since then it has started up fine sitting still, so Im guessing its a flat spot. Can anyone explain to me an easy way of getting the starter out if there is one, from what I can see the two bolts mounting it to the block are pretty tough to get to without removing other shit.