Car Won't start

My car (89 s13 /abs) won’t start when i turn the ignition. All lights come on only the clock light goes off and on when i turn the key. All i hear is clicking. I also tried to jump start the car and still it will not turn over. I push started it and it started .
The last time i started the car like a week ago it did give me a hard start i had to hold the key turned for longer than usual.
Any ideas what this could be? I’m thinkin starter but i didn’t get to check it.

definatly the starter.

Might be altenator. Check that cuz I think if you hear that clicking means your starters fine.

IF the altenator was gone wouldn’t the car still start if i boost it?

Also i never changed a starter before , and i can’t find my car book, where is it located ( i know near the flywheel) and is it hard to take out ?

Push start the car and once it’s on let it run for about 10 mins. Then take off the negative terminal off the batter. If the car shuts down it’s your alternator. If it stays on then the alternator is good and the starter could be the problem.

If the starter is the problem you could try to hit it. Sounds ghetto but it does work. One of those could be the problem. Good luck.