Help give me some mature party suggestions...

I’m looking to do a semi-simple party gathering idea for a birthday for adults. Though drinking will happen, i don’t want it to be the main focus. Fun is the key, not just a social gathering

I’m looking to do something on a Friday or Saturday night between around 9pm and 1am. I plan on doing a dinnner beforehand, getting a limo…and going somewhere. Would prefer to keep it in Erie County.

There will be women there and a couple are preggers…so no AJ’s, but I was thinking moonlight bowling or something along those lines.

Any suggestions? I feel like i can’t remember what there is to do in Buffalo.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

any good comedy clubs exist anymore?

There are a lot of great limo services in Buffalo that will take you to Toronto. :rofl: :picard:

^werd… if passports weren’t an issue.

Dont tell anyone what you are doing and take the limo to Lasertron. Everyone will laugh at it and probably have a good time. I think that the prego could even do that, just a bigger target!

Niagara wine trail is always a good time, and something you can’t do everywhere. Though that leaves the preggers out.

Driving Range / Golf?

We went wine tasting when my wife was pregnant, and she just did the taste and spit. One of the wineries told us that they actually get quite a few pregnant women out with friends just to get out.

Cooking class/dinner? I can’t remember the name of the place but they basically supply all of the ingredients and you learn how to make your own dish. (I’m sure plenty of people will say “I’m not paying someone so that I can cook my own food”)

Either way, it sounds like it could be fun.

Still too cold for a boat ride. What if you just stayed in, got drunk and played catch phrase?

They’ve done that at Torches before.

Orgy?

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

I did this a few weeks ago. Was really good: http://www.culinaryartscenter.org/

On the same train as this, a Chefs Table at a high end restaurant is a great time. They basically just set up a table in the kitchen and you get your own server that takes care of you while the chef explains and shows you what he is doing to prepare your food. Usually this is quite expensive and a 5-7 course meal. The preggo will love it as there is an abundance of food to try. If you have access to any of the higher end country clubs in the area, try and pull some strings there. CC chefs love to show off their talents.

Swinger Party.

Could do the dinner class, then see what’s going on at the theaters in the area for plays or stand up acts. Not sure what your group is into, though. Keep in mind that Niagara-on-the-lake isn’t far at all.

I’ve heard good things about Rob Leiderman (sp?) at Dandelions? I may have that all sorts of backwards, but it is a comedy show on the weekend. No comedy clubs that I’m aware of anymore.

forghair virtual golf is a blast

at least you don’t have to worry about the preggers getting pregger

That cooking thing does sound like it would be a good time.

I’ll second Rob’s Comedy playhouse in Dandelion’s hasn’t disappointed yet. I took a 20+ person group 2 weekends ago and they accomodated us great. It’s $10/person plus a loosely enforced 2 drink minumum.

I was also thinking FrogHair.

Rob’s Comedy playhouse is what i was debating about… but hadn’t heard any reviews prior to now.

I’m actually leaning towards midnight bowling at Brierwood Country Club… so we can have more unleashed interation with eachother versus sitting around and being somewhat controlled. my membership there gives me a personal bar tender for the group too… which make things a bit easier.

Yeah comedy clubs can be fun but you can’t talk at all during it. Maybe going out to dinner or for drinks before/afterward could solve that.

Also, keep in mind that some people really just don’t like to go bowling.