Party venue in Buffalo?

A few of my friends and I are planning on throwing a benefit party for my friend who just passed away at the age of 22. We want to raise money for his tombstone (those things are pretty darn pricey).

Figured a party would be a great way to do it. Charge $10 or so at the door, and have a donation box or something in addition to that.

We need a venue though. I would imagine we could get it to be relatively big, couple hundred people maybe. He had a ton of friends, was the type of guy that never had any enemies.

All the venue needs is to be big enough, have electricity (and light), and a bathroom.

We figure we should be able to find a few bands and dj’s who would be willing to play for free beer, it’s a good cause.

Has to be in Buffalo though (want to make it close to home (west side, elmwood village area) so people don’t have to travel too far). must be cheap, we’re trying to keep the costs down to raise $

DjDStar FTW

Brennan’s Bowery Bar, corner of main and Transit…or its sister location Coles on Elmwood. Big bar, and party room at Brennan’s I know cause I work there.

/plug

May I suggest my pants?

firehall rental?

buffalo central terminal would be sweet, but there’s so many stipulations and requirements to rent it, ie no running water/restrooms/limited electricity/need for liquor license/etc…and it’s $1000. but it’d be sweet to party there.

yea by keeping the costs down I meant like not really paying a bunch of money. id imagine a firehall or a bar would be a pretty penny, and I doubt a place like that would be cool with kegs

+1 easy entrance, cheap, and rooms for lots of people

ttt

mohawk place.

:wstupid:

is the funhouse still available for shit like that?

www.checkoutthew.com …very nice club downtown. i went to school with these guys and i know a few guys on the board would recommend this place. it might be a bit pricey for what your looking for but hey you never know, check em out.

dj d.star

are you guys recommending we have a party in DJ Dstar?

I’m confused.

:tup:

Club W. 199 Delaware Ave. (716) 840-9552. Give them a call, they will be able to help you with the catering and entertainment if you need it. I’m sure they will be able to come up with something that is in your budget, they are pretty good guys who are always willing to do whatever they can to accommodate their guests. :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

our friends are’nt 14 year old girls that want top 40, get that shit out of here

while were talking about this type of shit. anyone know where i can rent a porta potty for a party for cheap?

hahaha, someone’s misinformed.

anyways, sad I missed this. please dont have a party inside me without asking. thanks.

I’ll throw in another recommendation for W, I went to school with the kid who DJs there on the weekends. It’s a good size and I’ve always had a good time when I’ve been there.