*Help* How do I remove fine scratches from paint

WTF??/

eye ugh grrr eee. eye wuz ron guh

polisher and some compound will do the trick… claybar will NOT remove the scratches

If you have no experience with a buffer I would NOT recommend just giving it a try. You may remove the scratches you are going after but trust me if its your first time you will leave hologramming, marring, or more swirls. Odds are you will make it worse. In fact if you are attempting the rotary for the first time I would guarantee it turns out worse.

Clay barring will do zero for removing the scratch. It is simply prep before you polish. Always start out with the least aggressive that you would need. Can you feel it with your fingernail? What you use all depends on how hard your clearcoat is and how severe the scratches are. Start out with a hand scratch remover like ScratchX or Meguiars swirl remover. If that doesnt work, which it probably wont… step up to the rotary…theres so many different polishes and aggressive pads, its hard to just explain it all. We can do it for you if you would like.

If you want to just hide it yourself…3m imperial hand glaze topped with collinite 845 you wont know its there for six months. Available from carquest or most other places

HA, I didn’t even know that they made imperial hand glaze anymore.

Just did the passenger side door and came out nice. Now my back hurts. :frowning:
My buddie is coming over tomorrow to finish it for me.

THanks guys for all your help

Its actually really good stuff for a quick fix at hiding minor swirls and marring, a ton of fillers in it

Thanks, now I know what to do to the wife’s mini-van before we trade it in…

an even better if you can find it is Blue Coral Product X…they stopped making it but it will hide anything, I have to buy it by the gallon just to get any of it

in this case a random orbital with a medium pad and a light polish, followed up with a hand glaze and some wax and they will be history. If the light polish does not do the trick, step up to a medium polish and then go back to the light polish. Lather Rinse Repeat!

I may take the time to write a few articles this year and if some certain individuals, Goober, Psphinx, Stealth and maybe one or two more that I trust want to help we could have another detail day with all of the proper tools and chemicals and people there to help you and guide you through the process.