Need Detailing (Dirt Removal) advice

I picked up the replacement door for the Lexus and some asshole had put one of those stick on door guards on it. Took me a few hours to get that and all the adhesive off and now I am Left with this dark outline on the door where that piece was. Looks like it has impregnated into the 1000 layers of hardened wax that are on the door. I have tried a ton of shit on the dirt inlcuding acetone and it just won’t come out. how do I get rid of this shit?

you may have to paint it, can you snap a pic?

would claybar get anything?

I’ll try and get a few good close up pics tonight. I was thinking about maybe some wetsanding but thats scary LOL. I pretty sure its just in the wax but I have never seen this much wax on a car in my life.literally a 16th of an inch difference from the nice fresh paint under that strip and thesmall mountain range of scum and wax on the edges

Here you can clearly see the line of encrusted on dirt that is pretty much in the wax and clear that basically just wont come off

I have spent 3 hours and used cleaner wax, soap and even nail polish remover and can’t get all of this crud off.

need to buff it man, plain and simple, it needs a good 2 or 3 step polish job to get it off and make the door fully match

Ok good. I’ll just wait till spring then and get the whole car done

might want to do it now, make sure it can be blended well. just talk to bigred and ask him to do some of his magic to it.

clay bar.

I even got road line paint off my dad’s old car with a clay bar. Nothing else would get it off, not even paint thinner.

he needs a cutting compound, clay bar is great for small stuff, this needs a whole door polish to make it look right

with a quick wet sand and buff it should be fine, clay bar isnt gonna do shit for that.