Hey detailers, what is this stuff?

And how do I get it off? My best guess is some sort of sap on my wife’s car. These pics are after a quick wash with just carwash soap and a microfiber wrapped sponge.

Oh noes! What does I do?

dirt in ur bucket, cloth fell apart, clear is flaking off…um… shitty water from sitting all winter?

try using paint thinner if its sap the thinner will take it right off

I’d try Clay Bar first if it is sap. Beyond that I’m not much help.

clay bar that stuff right off

rub gumbi on there.

clay bar the paint, and “00” fine steel wool on the windows… DO NOT USE IT ON YOUR MIRRORS cause it will scratch them, you can use it on the windows without ANY problems

what he said…

you can also kill two birds with one stone… you can wash the car, and use the soap as lubrication for the clay bar and windows. makes things MUCH easier, cause youre probably going to have to wash the car anyway

claybar should do the trick

Claybar…

boggles my mind that people would say paint thinner.

If the claybar doesn’t work, you can try Isopropyl alcohol to help with getting off the sap. Make sure that after performing either of those steps that you wax that area.

Dandruff, was your fucking hair sometimes fry…

not to thread jack, but clay bar only gets rid of impurities?

you can get away with paint thinner or mineral spirits… we used to use it all the time to get road paint and tar off cars… as long as you dont let it sit on the car and wipe it off right away, theres really no harm to use it…

personally if youre not used to using it, i wouldnt suggest it though

i agree with trying claybar before anything else

Hey do you guys think I should try a clay bar?

ROTFL

I say take ti to delta sonic, and make them keep washing it until it comes off haahha Probably good for some shitty scratches tho.

FYI claying glass makes my nipples hard. As glass.

The glass is just so gosh darn clean after a nice clay, polish, and wax. yummo.

Oh and is that a Protege I see? One of the most underrated cars of the late 90s. Great fun.

i get sap from the oak trees that hang over my driveway, the best and easiest way i have found to rid the car of it safely is to use the pre paint prep shit they use to wipe down a car before painting it to remove all traces of wax and oil from the surface. I forgot what its called but its safe and it works great, follow that up with a quality wax and you should be fine.

claybar is good stuff but its much more work then my method.

that’ll buff right out

We all know clay bar is the way to go. I’m just trying to figure out what that is