It's that time again -time to...

Wax your car! woooohoooo! Now that the salt and cinders are done eating and chipping the shit outta your car, its gotta be done. I’m gonna put two coats on tomorrow… First take a polishing compound over it, then a nice shiny wax…

anyone else doing this anytime soon? Come down to Neville island tomorrow, we can have the first annual “Wax-A-Thon”! :slight_smile:

i planed to do it today but that didnt go over well lol.so 2morrow im doin it also

i am going to do it tomorrow night when i get home from work… what the benefits of going over it with compound first? i usually clay bar it, wax it, then use polish

I dunno… i dont have a clay bar, and i’ve heard if you’re not really careful w/ a clay bar, you can really fuck things up… but as far as the compound…i just figure the polishing compound will take off the hard shit first… then take a shiny wax over it afterword… i kinda thought waxing first, then taking a compound over it, will kinda defeat the purpose of waxing in the first place… i might be wrong tho!

Lemme how the bar works… and how risky it is… id consider buying one… but i don’t wanna risk anything… i think i can put both coats over my car in 3-4 hours… i dont wanna get into a 12 hour job, i dont have time for that

i have been using a clay bar for years… it works great. i have never had a problem with it, i never heard it called risky as well

hmmmm may have to try the clay bar method but then again i dont have the freakin time either so who knows

Glaze / polish / compound is supposed to be what really makes it shiny, while wax protects the finish.

A lot of modern products combine this all into one step, meguiars gold class comes to mind.

I just did a basic 1 step cleaner wax to the neon this evening, i used to be a lot more thorough. I do still use fiberglass boat wax on the carbon hood, seems to protect it from the sun.

I can put a coat of Zaino on in 30 minutes. Of course the car has to be real clean because it’s definitely not a cleaner polish.

And clay bars are great. Juts use a lot of lube!

whats the deal with clay bars?? what do u have to do??? what do they do??

I got two coats on today… Cleaner wax, then a nice shiny wax…
i gave up on the polishing compound… it says on the back of the thing… “Recommended to professionals with an electric buffer. Also recommended to put a coat of Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell on when finished.”… well… It should say something like “Unless you’re a retard, use an electric buffer. You WILL need it!”… Once i got that shit on, it took forever to get it off… took me like 20 mins or more to do just the roof! Gave up on it after that!
Then just as i was finishing up, some punk-ass in a black Mustang GT came flying by at like 60 mph in a 25… as tempted as i was to go after him, i resisted… i mean… its safe to do 40 on the island, but he was stretchin it…

i need to wax too, its starting to wear off, i used some new thing that only detail shops can get… something called Ardex Black flint wax :dunno: its something like that.

worked pretty damn good, it has mild cleaners in it too, it comes in a can is like a soft solid other then a liquid wax…

a friend of mine is going to buff out and wax my car for me while i do the interior sometime soon, i just dont trust myself with a high speed buffer and a black car yet lol. plus he loves to do black cars…
he’s going to wash/buff/clay/swirl remover/wax 2 coats/clean windows for 50 bucks :slight_smile: while i detail my interior… not a bad deal…

if anyone wants a detail im pretty sure he still does side jobs on his own too complete details for very reasonable price, i’ll get back to him and see if he still does it

That’s a GREAT deal on a full detail like that! Anyone interested in learning more about detailing should check out www.autopia.org but legal disclaimer and warning by me you will spend TONS of $$$ after visiting that site…

I am so excited to be detailing again, I am addicted…My plan for the Z:

wash (two bucket method)
claybar (never had a prob w/ claybars at all)
wash again (two bucket method)
Pinnacle Swirl remover w/ PC7424 and orange cutting pad
Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish w/ PC7424 and white polishing pad
Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection (3 or 4 layers of polymer) w/ PC7424 and black finishing pad
Top off w/ Mother’s Carnuba Wax…

Blackfire info go here

She will be soooooooooooo shiny! YAY :hsdance:

this new girl knows her shit :slight_smile:

wanna wax tghe poostang? :smiley:

LOL With 2 cars and a truck, I’ve pretty much got my hands full :wink: Hubby gets them dirty…I get them clean…he’s not allowed to help unless he uses the random orbital buffer to take the layers off hahahahha

BlkP42E…I’ve been round the block a few times you could say…I do more work on my Z than hubby has done to any car :smiley: LOL I like gettin my hands dirty :wink:

i like to get dirty too :naughty:

E-pimping at it’s finest

you have an a6… go ahead and shoot me your # :cool:

She might be the coolest female on here yet… other than my wife of course. :slight_smile:

Greenz - not sure if your question was answered or not. The clay bar basically looks like a piece of kid’s clay. Wash the car first, then use some detailing spray to lube the surface and lightly rub the clay back and forth over the surface. It takes out contaminents in the surface. You’ll be able to tell when it’s good because it will feel smooth. I’ll be doing mine soon - you can come over and help!

wanna do another Z hehe ;). j/k i did all the washing and just finished up the 2 cotes of wax i used meguires nxt and its lookin pretty good thank god im done now i can enjoy the rest of the day :smiley:

sounds great!!! send me a pm when u r going to do urs!!! id like to see the car and see how this bar works…i know u could use clay bars for getting like road paint off…but idk u could use them for like cleaing the whole surface fo the car!!