Car Cleaning products!

I thought since its about time to start the extreme cleaning of cars…what waxes/wash, tire gel, plastic shine products do you guys use on your cars to make them shine their best? ive been looking at that tech wax stuff …but im trying to decide what is better…the wax paste …or the wash? also looking for a good tire shine if anyones got any sugjestions…that new turtle wax clear looks good to…so …what do you use? 8)

I just use whatever… I do realize there’s a difference in quality in some of these products but I’m 99.9993% sure I will NOT notice a difference using them on my old scratched up paint…so I just make it look the best I can.

I bought Mothers wax and mothers bug & tar/tree sap remover (tree sap on my car), some polishing compound, some car was stuff obvoiusly…

I’m wondering if I should get a clay bar though ?

clay bars are awesome, makes the paint sooo smooth. i think it’s recommended to clay bar your car once a year or something.

i clay bar 2 times a year.

makes a huge difference.

i also use meguiars tech wax after that

i use gunk foaming window cleaner

armorall tire shine

meguiars hot wheels rim cleaner

and then mothers showtime car finish at shows.

then the car looks great

GT

do not use spray on tire shine whatever u do…its horrible for the paint…

at my gf’s airport the in house painter said that if she kept using armoral or spray on tire shine or w.e its going to destroy the paint and its gonna bubble faster
just a heads up…if u must use tire shine use something u can wipe on cleanly

what paint?

the cars paint?

who misses the tire enough to hit the wheel well. lol

GT

its the vapours from spraying it

im gonna go with… hes on crack.

there is no way that the VAPOR from an aerosol can of foaming spray can acelerate the deterioration on your paint THAT quickly.

maybe if you sprayed directly onto the paint and left it in the sun…

armoral has been around since before the wheel was invented… and thats the first time ive heard something like that…

GT

eagle one everything.

ok im not on crack…maybe the inhouse painter at my gf’s airport is…he only makes like a gagillion dollars, and is a super recognized painter…hes only one of the best painters around…his word is greater than urs…its the chemicals in it dude…over time its bad for the paint…

but do what u want to do with ur car…i got these words from someone who has been painting, and has had a proffesional painting career longer than ur alive so STFU

i use mothers products. i have pritty much everything they make and have tried it all, im happy with mothers products. if not mothers use maguiers
and whatever you do dont you armorall on anything that stuff is greasy and flings all over everything

ok im not on crack…maybe the inhouse painter at my gf’s airport is…he only makes like a gagillion dollars, and is a super recognized painter…hes only one of the best painters around…his word is greater than urs…its the chemicals in it dude…over time its bad for the paint…

but do what u want to do with ur car…i got these words from someone who has been painting, and has had a proffesional painting career longer than ur alive so STFU[/quote]

ill ask barry meguiar next time i talk to him. see what he thinks of it.

then well roll on that.

GT

i have heard of the armour all thing as well, except that it cracks the plastic/vynl under sunlight.

that’s because it’s petroleum based and not water based. same reason why armorall vinyl/plastic cleaner is all oily and gross.

best things to use, especially on your tires, but also on your dash are water-based products.

303 Aerospace makes an amazing cleaner and protectant.

armorall used on a consistant basis when you detail your car and applied propperly will not do any damage and greatly extend the life of your entire interior.

we have literally used armoral since i was born and my father for a long time before that…

we have had show winning vw’s in our family for a long time and not once did we see any signs of premature wear or paint damage cased by the products.

GT

Not sure about their other stuff (haven’t used much), but they certainly have the best tire cleaner IMHO.

just diddle on your hand and use that

I’ve worked at a car dealership in the body shop detailing cars when they come out for the past couple of years. The stuff that they have there beats the S*** out of everything on the commercial market IMO. The tire shine is silicone based and its looks wet for at least a week, even through rain and stuff. If you know someone who works at a car dealership, try it. It works incredibly well. I don’t even know what brand it is (co-auto maybee?), it all comes in 5 gallon drums. All i know is the Tire shine is purple, the interior shine is white and smells like fruit or something lol. Oh the interior cleaner is called spray nine (you have to dilute it with water), and the car wash is pink and smells like bubble gum. a capfull is almost too much for a 5 gallon bucket! Anyways check it out if you have the oppertunity.

-Dan

Oh and 3M show car wax is the s***! best i’ve ever used.

www.zaino.ca
www.eshine.ca

Also, if your car has a lot of built up wax/random contaminants… wash the car wish dish soap. Don’t do this often though.