Hey detailers, what is this stuff?

I’m all about low effort. Let me know if you think of what it’s called or where to get it. :tup:

Sorry I should have cleared that up. I meant I am trying to figure out what the shit is on the car.

I have been a user of clay bars for several years now.

Don’t buy the Meguiars. It is AWFUL.

If you find Clay Magic blue bar that is great, but Mothers is decent.

Where do you get Clay Magic? I’ve only been able to find Mothers but admittedly I haven’t looked very hard.

its called ‘wax and grease remover’ should be able to get it at any paint jobber and definetly online

Autozone used to carry it. I don’t think they do anymore. It really is the best, but Mothers is good.

Clay Magic was also $10 a box.

I remember my car got covered with that sugary shit when I left it under some tree overnight in Buffalo. A good rain washed it off.

PPG DX330

any paint supply house will have it, if you know someone that works at a body shop Im sure they can hook you up. Hell I would even stop at a random shop and ask them for some.

Thanks, but I’ll probably just go ahead and clay bar the whole car and wax it. God knows the paint of that car needs some loving anyways…

Yeah Corey, it’s my wife’s 2003 Mazda Protege. Definitely underloved. Handles and brakes so nicely…

I know they have claymagic blue at the autozone on main street in the city, at least they did a week ago, they had 3 kits on the shelf. $12.99 for a bar/lube kit.

And I agree the clay magic blue owns mothers and maguires clay kits…

yes clay magic is sold at sherwan williams, buy the blue bar, best clay bar on the market. But i like meguiars, ive used it with good results, unless neone else thinks it sux?

dont drop the clay, if you do its done

fixed

QFT.

Keep it up and your wish may come true asshole!

:rofl:

pffffft, we shall see about that. I got offered a promotion the other day.

:eek:

:ohnoes:

x5000

the stuff on the windows can just wipe off?

I would try “Bug and Tar” remover first (Autozone) Let it soak a bit and the wipe off.
Its easier and way milder then a clay bar.