Help Me Pick A Color.... Again

Long story short I am getting the hook up on these SSBC 4 piston brakes, rotors, and pads so I had to jump on it. I haven’t gotten confirmation on if its all four corners or just the fronts but either way I dont have to get gold to match the rear if its only the fronts because I can just take the rears off and get them done to match. I dont have photo shop otherwise I’d slap the colors on to get a better idea but the colors listed are what they have so he me pick!! Thanks.
(pictures of car for reference)
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/steve2k1116/bings2.jpg

i voted red, but really i think you should do pink.

blue or gold.

i voted blue since you already have gold.

I think it sort of depends on what wheels you will be going with to me but I am all for the classic look of black

Why would you want to run them? I can still get hookups on this stuff brand new but I gaurentee your brembos are fine. It will most likely throw off your brake bias, but I can’t say for sure as I’m not sure of the actual piston size in the SSBC shit as I haven’t been there in awhile. Take your stock stuff off and powdercoat it if you want a change, unless your getting this for $0 it isn’t worth it. Oh ya, they give you race pads with the kit too…

Forgot this…not sure if it’s a 14 inch rotor kit but you may also run into issues using a 17 inch rim or even some 18’s because it changes the offset you need to have for your wheels. Just measure it though.

the rotor is a 13" and with the wheels i have i should be just fine. and i figure to keep my stock pads and use the race ones for track. i know my brembos are just fine but the fact is that i am getting this kit for $0 so why not. And obviously because you work there do you know if its just fronts or fronts and rear?

Don’t work there anymore but they only had a front kit for wrx’s. I’m not so sure your stock brembo pads will fit inside the ssbc calipers. They use an aluminum corvette caliper. Pads look similar to brembo ones but I’m not sure they are the same length or thickness. They are definately held in differently than brembos too. They have the pins but they don’t slide snug into the caliper. There’s cotter pins that hold it from falling out. I’m tellin ya it’s pretty useless to switch as the factory brembo brakes. You won’t gain any kind of “better braking”. It’s more of an appearance thing with newer cars. If you drove a 68 camaro with drums all around I’d encourage you to do it but it’s meh with new cars…

But if for some reason you still want them tell them you want black chrome. Fred should still have this color I would think. It looked fucking cool and the powdercoat will look 100000 times better than the hotshots stuff they normally get.

Definitely need to paint your calipers Polish:

http://www.polishtexans.com/Section-Images/Polish-flag.jpg

But seriously, I like the gold & blue combo w/ the lugs that you have now. :slight_smile:

And don’t get polished. You’ll have to take them off and repolish them all the time. I’ve seen tons of them come back and look like shit. Unless you get them, put them on and never drive it

haha alright cool thanks chris ill look into black chrome then

lambo orange, lambo green
pink

something crazy
camo!

haha no im prob doing black chrome. ill prob be keeping my brembos and the new rotors and pads and selling the calipers just to have the cash…well see

The rotors from the ssbc kit probably won’t work with your brembos. They’re designed to work with that kit and the caliper brackets place the caliper in the middle of the rotor. That’s why I said I don’t understand why you’d want the kit, and selling just the ssbc calipers by themselves would probably never happen unless someone had a wrx kit already, pads might not even work with brembos as well. Just take your brembos apart and have then powdercoated and put new stickers on them. Fred can do your calipers too ya know…

Those SSBC brakes are a DOWNGRADE from your stock brembos. They are absolute garbage. I would not run them on a single car I owned after having played with a few sets. Your stock brembos with good pads are better than 99% of the “upgrades” on the market. Please don’t make a poor choice.

Thank you for backing me here…like I’ve said before it’s a waste of time on a car that comes with factory brembos

:picard:

yea i figured, im not to worried about it. probably just sell the whole kit then. either way its a free new kit worth $1500 or so. i dont mind making free money if someone is willing to hand it out. had some offers on the car too so she is probably going to a good home anyways. thanks chris and mike for your help

useful information as always from you

TOO RICH!!! <3

Steve, if you want to powdercoat your stock brembos I have a friend who will do it cheap.

can you do ANYTHING without making a thread on here and worrying what other people think?
who gives a shit
paint them fucking purple with pink polka dots… happy?