Help me pick a HDD

I need a new HDD for my laptop, I have like 4gbs left.

Which one of these would you buy?

I am running Vista, and one of the drives says works with Vista. But that shouldn’t make a difference. So either of those, or maybe suggest a different one.

Same one but 10 Dollars off better deal might want to look for a better cache though

this was even better…

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136284

1TB 7200RPM 32MB cache SATA 3.GB

95 bucks

EDIT: my bad I dont think this is for a laptop

between the ones you posted, spend the 5 bucks more it comes with a 5 year warranty. pretty much same drive otherwise.

Forget anything I said just get this instead because both you picked will be as fast as a 5400 RPM drive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152179

Yeah that was what I was thinking.

Both the ones I was looking at are 7200rpm, how is that as fast as a 5400rpm?

That last one is external, I want an internal, at least 160gb. The one I have now is an 80gb and is nearly full. What ever one I do get, the 80 will be a backup drive.

Holy quick replies today. I posted this, went pewp, and came back to 4 posts, haha.

Pros: Great Basic drive replacement quiet and runnin cool

Cons: 5.5ms response makes it as fast as a 5400rpm drive

Other Thoughts: i was hoping for speed and missed looking at the response time just another quality drive from WD

Oh, from a customer review… yeah maybe, but he could be some over picky douche too. I am not that concerned about it, my laptop is 3 years old, so thats probably the same speed I am used too. Is that “Other Thoughts” supposed to be sarcastic?

nope he is saying he just didnt look at the 5.5ms response time BUT still calling the WD drive another quality product

Slack on K20’s post came up with a good idea I would take a look at if I was you because now I am thinking about it because I also have been shopping for a new hard drive but external is the way to go

Yeah I should just get that dock. I really want a bigger internal though, 80gb is a joke now.

Dude I only have 40 and honestly its just fine… getting the External Drives is the way to go. When I go on trips I have Flash Drives I have like 20 movies on so the space on my computer is for a few programs and all the friggen updates. Files on the other hand I have one folder that has child folders and all my work is there BUT that takes up less than 1gb since most of it is .doc files and .pdf and most of my photos are stored online, then again I am not into saving a bajillion songs on my computer

See my problem is I am moving a lot of stuff around… Wii games are 4.37gb, Movies ~1.5gb, Xbox Games ~3-5gb, NDS games and stuff… a lot.

Thats why my 80gb is full, haha.

xbox games on your computer? explain… I think I am about to learn something new and I like it

HAHA. Yeah just google playing backup games on Xbox360. You basically flash the firmware on the dvd drive, and make it recognize backups as actual games.

Oh shit Slack found this dude you should be all set NOTHING BUT WIN

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817996002

if you are doing that much data transfer, stick to a quality internal drive with good speed. def 7200rpm and above. i don’t think external is the way to go, have you every transferred a big file like that to even a usb 2.0 flash drive? NOT fun.

Yeah I have. Two Wii games to an external 100gb, so ~9gb, like 20 mins…

I think I am just going to grab the $74 one, and then maybe that $20 dock that slack suggested in Joey’s thread, for my extra backup drives. I probably grab another RAM chip while I am at it, NewEgg has some awesome deals.

yeah they do, Now this flashing my xbox I am confused I am not Mr. Computer Savvy but I seriously would like to know more about this xbox shit

Well theres alot of reading involved, no real way around it. But you remove the dvd drive, and it has a SATA connection that you connect to your PC. Then you change how the drive recognizes disks(flash it) and viola! Plays backups that are readily available through torrents. Obviously thats a very simplified version of what you do.