Help me pick my new whippy

Alot of these threads are popping up and since I am no stranger to bandwagons…here I go.

Tell me why or why not

Corvette C5 97-00
Porsche Boxster (dont know if the S is affordable)
BMW M roadster
Mustang Cobra 99-02
Mustang Mach 1 03-04

NO DOMESTIC VERTS…because I am not a big vert fan but like the M and Boxster for other reasons.

Manual Trans. only

Must be damn near to 20g from a DEALER…i am only financable that way :tdown: and if you know of any…do tell!

Are you staying stock or modding? If you’re looking for something to mod you can’t beat the dollar:gains of a mustang. If you’re looking for something to keep stock and just drive & enjoy I vote M Rodster. Unique, has that intangible German car character, and will probably depreciate less than others on your list. The Boxster is awesome, but such an old man’s car.

I can’t remember, is the M Roadster the shoe?

S2000? I’m not really a fan of any of those you already lisyted, so that’s why I say S…and it’s quite similiar to the M anyways.

Thats the M coupe

Which btw is > all listed. :wink:

I tried buying one again. :frowning:

not a Honda person

lightly modding…intake/exhaust…some suspension stuff…My main focus for this year and beyond is something that will handle extremely well and i can road race all day and be reliable.

i say that if you CAN find a M coupe, and dont mind driving a penis as a car, then go that route. other then that i would say M roadster, and that one you sent me looked nice. if its near you, you should take it for a drive and see how you like it.

well, what’s important to you? and yeah… you modding it? and if so, what times/autox you looking to run?

otherwise you’ll just have a bunch of people just stating their preferences… like me, i’d go for a stick LS1 vette - but that’s just what i’d do, wouldn’t do you any good. i’d pick the domestic over the exotic imports due to cost of parts, i’d pick the stick b/c it’s more fun to drive for me, and well… i like torque over handling. very moddable engine too, compared to the relative difficulty with the ford 4.6 that costs an assload to mod and from everything i’ve read, doesn’t seem to get the cost/benefit that ellis juan would.

20K for a car… damn, you’ll find something fun, tho. i’m looking to bust out with 15K and i’m currently into hardtop '95 LT1 M6 corvettes, for a lot of my own researched reasons. anytime i get seriously interested in a car, i try to get on a free forum for them and learn everything i can - and all the common issues and preferable years to get. good luck :slight_smile:

Boxster is fun, not fast, but you can beat the shit out of it all day and it will take it. The handling and Braking far excedes the straight line power which gives you more “security” when driving at or near the limit.

X…

idk but you might be able to find a 350z around there? im not sure tho, but if not id go with either the vette or the boxster

only 2 cars worth looking at on that list…

I’d pick the BMW…unless you can afford an S…then i’d go with that, the driving dynamic of the boxster is brilliant…S’s seem to run high 20ish i dunno if you’re willing to go that high, but I suggest you do.

I’ve only driven a M roadster for a few minutes so I can’t really comment on it…but both are IMO a better drive than the S2000.

Yeah, I dont know how the S would fit in with my current bills, and I dont want to overextend myself, but as I was just commenting to Itagaki…I like the look of the Boxster over the BMW, and I have always wanted to get into another Porsche product since my first toy 944.

bmw M FTW… just make sure you have the $ to maintain it

i love the mach 1 stangs … then again i’m kinda partial to the vettes :slight_smile:

Cobra gets lots of bang for your mod money.
If you haven’t already, test drive a 'Vette. You’ll love all that torque, the stick to the road traction/handling, and excellent gas mileage. What I don’t like is the fairly stiff ride, and the notchy long throw shifter. You wont be dissapointed with the Z51 package.

Yeah the vette would be nice…but unfortunately the years I can afford arent the most modable ones, but a vette would satisfy my “speed” need more than the rest.

those years are an LS1, how is that not modable?

the first year drive by wire are a pain to tune from what I understand

Volvo C70 R. 300 hp… convertible hardtop volvoness reliability, TURBLO!

300ZX TT > that list…

but, since you had to go and eliminate the Z’s right off the bat (way to be a hater :stuck_out_tongue: )

C5 ZO6 :tup: :pimp:

or the Cobra, just because they can be made stupid fast relatively easily…

i think you should just get the porsche boxter out of that lineup…i really dont think it would be fast enough for you (judging by what you did to the Z, and how serious you were/are about getting a cobra…the boxter would feel like a slug compared to either of those two i would imagine…)

you know what i think :whip:

either get a cobra or im gonna shoot a puppy. you have 72 hours.