Help, overheating, need ideas

Need help with coolant issues.

the car is consistantly overheating once a load is put on the motor. I can idle the car all day and it stays in opperational range.

First i thought it was a fualty thermostat, nope, running motor without the thermostat now. Still overheating.

The coolant is being pushed out of the head into the rad and out the overflow tank.

No coolant in the oil, no oil in coolant. It has been suggested to me by Rafi that the head gasket is shot.

Lift the rad cap and see how often bubbles come up when you are revving it. You’ll tell right away if the headgasket is blowing through… It happened to stefan and myself in the middle of bloody Denmark…

It was concluded that the headgasket wasn’t sealed right due to lack of getting head machined… Shitty buzz.

what kind of rad, fad and shroud are you running?

Head gasket or bad water pump would be my guess…

What about air pockets in the block??

Have you changed the crank/pump pulley with a underdrive set? I assume by load you mean regular driving and not limited to high rpm.

2" highflow copper rad and 2 electric fans…even witht he bumper off it does it…if it was rad related it would do it once warmed up sitting at idle.

as for air pockets…cant be, the turbo water lines i made have 1 way bleeders that when cracked open, let air/coolant out and nothing in…we use them in hydrolic sytsems. I ran the motor for 30min on jacks at the front to make sure the rad was the highest point with those bleeders open.

havent reved the motor past 5000rpm, stock pullies.

Sounds like its time for a leak down test.

Did you check your fuses?

wtf would checking my fuses do? the fans work.

even if they didnt the car still overheats at 100km/h at 0psi with the bumper off.

you’re sure it’s overheating right? and not the sender misinterpreting and giving a bad gauge reading?

yep…the coolant burn on my neck says so.

i found a coolant weeping stain on the back of the block just above the turbo.

head gasket is stuffed.

motor is 3/4’s out, just ps lines and downpipe and tranny bolts left to do.