overheating problem

Right. so heres the problem,

so my car was leaking coolant, and my car has overheated and died on me twice on me already

so then i got my car fixed,

i got a new water pump
new thermostat
and did a cooling system flush and fill
and got a new rad cap

so now i have no leak the rad is popped with coolant no air bubbles or anything

so when i got my car back, everything seem to work fine on my way home with my car.

but when i drove it out the second time, my temp gauge meter goes up like crazy.

then i pop the hood, and steam comes out of the rad cap ( i dunno if this is bad or not )

i dunno if its still over heating or what ever cuz my fan works/rad is filled with coolant and new thermostat

PLEASE HELPP

anyone got any idea??

when u start it cold and let it idle, open the coolant res. and check to see if there are any bubbles, if there are bubbles you need to take that head of yours off and send it out and check if the block is warped also

Your Rad cap…sounds like its not pressurizing the system properly. That’s probably why your overheating, and steam is coming out.

Mind you, if your car is been runnign for a while and then you open your cap and steem comes out, that is normal; just to make that clear.

Another thing to add is that Gavin’s car was very very low on oil when we checked it last night.

This is a long shot, but if you’re low on oil, maybe your engine is running hotter?..just a guess.

did they bleed the system properly? maybe ur head gasket is just gone.
i had a s13 with sr and it used to heat up all the time because the fan wasnt good enough.

well i will fill the oil up and see if this is really the problem oh and to add my engine check light is on

ok do this… make sure the engine is BONE cold…
put a pear of thick gloves on and wear a sweater… maybe even saftey glasses

1. open the rad make sure its full of fluid.
  2. start the car (with rad open) and repeatidly squeeze the big hose coming off the rad(left hand of motor) entering the motor
  3. repeat untill the thermostat kicks in (it will start pumping out HOT fluid)
  4. with gloves on and ready put the cap back on… you should be good after this procedure… it helps to get out air locks in the system… like priming a fuel line, the air literally gets trapped in the water… dont know the science just that it does…

what type of fan do you have? i had the same problem before cause my fan was not working properly. now i have the stock clutch fan, no overheating problem what so ever.

i have the stock fan i think.

oh and crypic i will try that procedure and see if it helps.