Help removing a .dll virus???

I have a virus, I’m assuming a trojan, coming up in my virus scanner and in my Trend Micro-Chillin scanner. It is a system32 file. It is kbdcui.dll. I can’t figure out how the hell to get rid of it or fix it. If I run anything with internet explorer, I get so many pop ups I can barely use it. Firefox runs fine. I don’t really notice any problems with this file being on here, but I’d like to get rid of it and hope it kills some of the pop ups with IE so I can watch videos from time to time.

Anyone give me some help? I’ve already tried going to the tools menu in the Control Panel and opening up all the hidden files to be seen and then going into safe mode to delete the file, but it is saying that it is still being used by something and can’t be deleted, so I’m not really sure where else to go.

Thanks in advance.

download, avast, @ avast.com. When your done it will do a boot scan and clear up everything. (its free.)

The virus scanner isin’t able to delete/repair it since it’s being detected?

This guy fixed it with ccleaner:

http://www.freedomlist.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27395

Thanks guys, I will try both of those. I tried HiJackThis! and it has worked well in previous things, but didn’t on this. I’ll try both of those now and report back.

Crap Cleaner is a great product, but they just took a big dosage of money from Yahoo, so watch when you install it for the lame Yahoo toolbar. Another cool clean-up tool is EasyCleaner by Toni Arts.

buy a mac

boot safe mode or make a bootable floppy

type: del /f /q %systemroot%\system32\kbdcui.dll

reboot

:doh:

why it’s no different…

rm -f /dev/file.so

Or, if your one of those people without floppy drives(like most newer computers) download knoppix http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html follow through the instructions to burn it as a bootable cd and restart with the disk in the drive. Once it’s booted up you’ll see your harddrive(s) on the desktop, before opening anything right click it and click mount, then right click again and click enable read/write access, once you’ve done this browse to that file and delete it