In need of free anti virus

My computer got a virus from a firend downloading a game off limewire. It says somehtin about a trojan virus. I used avg,spybot and ad-aware se and they wont delete the virus. Does anybody know of any other free anti virus that will take care of this? Thanks

AVG/MS Defender

where can i find that at for free? I tried downloads.com and cant find it

AVG Free, youll find it

www.avast.com its better then AVG

:word:

I’ve used avast for years. It works great and doesn’t suck resources like Norton, etc.

i understand ur triyn to help but read my post. I used avg and others but it still wont delete it. I iwll try formula’s one next

When you install avast it will ask if you want to do a boot time scan…That usually clears up most viruses.

If it’s unable to delete the virus try scanning in safe mode.

How do i do that?

when windows is about to start hit the F8 key and it;ll give you the option to boot into safe mode.

also, clear your IE cache as well as your java cache

IE cache? java cache? have no clue what that is

go to

Start, control panel, (make sure it’s in “classic view”… if not click the “classic view” link on the left) and double click on “java”

under the general tab, at the bottom where it says [temporary internet files], click on delete files

in IE, goto tools, internet options and under the general tab, click on delete temporary internet files.

I’ve had problems in AVG not sucessfully removing a virus in the past and as it turned out, it was a false positive by something in the java cache

Teenager to cops: :sigh: Reboot with F8 and choose safe mode… haha

Anywho any luck?

My friend came over and just did a system restore. It works fine but still a lil slow. I race avast and it didnt find the virus.