Help: Shift Mountainbikers

Sure thing man, lemme know when you wanna go look!

Totally down for a shift ride! For logs its all about body positioning, lean back and unweight the front tire and lift it up onto the top of the log then as the front tire crosses over get your weight a little bit forward and unweight the rear tire lifting it over.

Yeah I was getting better and better as we went. Can’t wait to go again haha

If the weathers alright tomorrow I might head over to central park around 6:15 for a lap or two

Booooooo I work til 7

Damn, well I’m pretty much always game to ride, i can’t Friday cuz I have an adoption acengy bringing over a dog to my place that we may adopt but tomorrow I can prolly ride again. Actuallt scratch that tommorrow is no good I work til 6 so I won’t have time to ride.

i bought a gt avalanche 3.0 last year to tear up north va and dc, works out great

Tomorrows supposed to be nice I think it’ll be too wet to ride central park but ill prolly go ride the “illegal” singletrack in the pinebush at like 615. Any takers?

I work til 7 again ahaha. Out at 5 on Thursday, off Friday and Sat

I can prolly ride thurs or Friday as well lemme know ill bust out the gopro haha

I’ll be looking to pick up a bike when they go on sale at the end of the season. I have a wal-mart mountain bike from my old camp but I don’t think that thing would hold up very well :rofl

Yeah the bikes they sell at walmart are junk and the people who assemble them usually do so incorrectly. Actually a lot of their “mountain” bikes come with a “not intended for off road use” sticker lol

The bike is so beat. It has two bent rims, fucked up suspension, rust… I completely submerged it a few times attempting to cross the Schroon River :rofl :rofl And it’s been topped out at a GPS confirmed 52mph (on tarmac)

If I spent any decent coin on a legit bike (Say, $500-ish budget or so) I’d of course take much better care of it. lol

Sounds like a perfect candidate for a dock jump into a lake!

There’s a dock on Shaver Pond in Grafton :rofl

Do it!

On a side note I decided I wanted to ride a hardtail on a regular basis again so I swapped the parts from my full suspension over to my Jamis that was collecting dust to create a stout playful bike. Forgot how fun they are!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/skierdood/IMG_20110728_185404.jpg

I kinda like this:

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/roam.1/7507/44080/

The only legit bike I’ve really ridden was a Giant Butte and it was nice. Hardtail as well

Then there’s this one that’s geared more towards off roading than x-road like the one above:

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/revel.1.black.red/7509/44108/

That’d be a good bike to get into riding with. Its spec’d out with solid parts for an entry level ride and the frame looks like a solid XC platform that could be upgraded over time as stuff wears out or you get the upgrade itch. Also giant is owned by Trek/Gary Fisher and a lot of their technology in frame design tends to trickle down to their less expensive models leaving you with a very capable yet affordable ride.

The Revel 1? Second link. Red/Black.

Sorry the revel is what I was referring to. The first one is more of a hybrid that could do some light trail duty but would show its limits as you progressed. Unless you do a lot of bike path/pavement riding with the occational jaunt off road id go with the revel.