help sr20 swap...

im done my sr20 swap anything have hook up… i tried to start up and it doesn’t has spark so i check all my wiring. i found out that my ignition chip is broken.i replace it,i got the spark now but ignition chip got very very hot!!when i start up… so it that normal…? i try to start up now it start but it sound like it run on one cylinder and it back fire a lot… i though it was timing i set the timing but still same thing happening… we check the coil packs ( the number on the coil pack 50F01 and ignition chip 50F00 is thats gonna make any different…??) only two of my coil packs got sparks… it thats mean i have to replace the my coil packs?
pls help me… :wall:

if only two have spark…then your running off two cylnders…take a look at your cam angle sensor make sure its set proplerly two. Heavythrottle has a tutorial on how to do it. You can buy 300zx coil packs that are the same part. Take a look on nico club for a list of parts that are interchangable with ones from an sr. Im not sure how to tell if an ignitor is toast unless it stops firing all together. I think it could be the problem? any one know?

Because each side of the ignitor controls 2 opposing cylinders i would have to say your ignitor is at fault again. In the S14 FSM there is a test you can do to double check the ignitor

Cas will make not make a 2 or even 1 cylinder missfire. Also switch the coilpacks around and see if the miss moves with the coils or stays in that cylinder

ignition chip got very hot…???

Check the wiring to your injectors. One of the wires was cracked inside on my engine, causing one cylinder not to fire.