help!! sr20 won't start...

i just finish doin my swap and im ready to start up the engine.
first i don’t have any power but i found the problem i was missing of the 2 plugs from the battery terminal of KA so i took it off and connected to SR battery terminal. now i got some power the headlight just turn on i don’t know whats that all about… so i recheck all of my wiring i used this site for my wiring…
http://www.frsport.com/sr20det-swap-engine-harness-wiring-guide-sr20-p-665.html
every wires seen to connect it right. i try to start up the engine it creank but it won’t start… all the oils and coolant has been fill up so i check anything that i can think off … i don’t know what i did wrong…or missing

need help… :cry

I would check your grounds and all the little stuff first. Check to see if you have fuel, spark etc. Also, make sure you are working with a good battery :slight_smile:

here is some info I found helpful when I was having the same issue(s):

No Spark:
Check main ignition power wiring by battery and ECU. Also check for bad ignitor, bad coilpacks, bad ECU, shorted harness. Ignitor passes ECU pulse on to coil packs, crank the engine and test with multimeter for ignition voltage pulses at ignitor input and output to isolate source of problem.

Cranks, has spark & fuel - either just cranks, or catches but won’t run:
Check Timing, Crank Angle Sensor could be misaligned. Engine could be flooded, check spark plug for raw fuel.

Fuel pump not coming on:
Plugs by Battery may be wired incorrectly, they plug in but won’t work without rewiring. Pump should run for 3 seconds then stop if flywheel not moving.

hopefully this helps.

thx i’ll try that hopefully it will start…

yea for sure, just shoot me a PM if you need more help.

bust out the OHM meter and check that your injectors are firing…if thats goo move onto your plust take one plug out and plug it into the coil pack and ground out the plug on the valve cover…turn it over and if it sparks you have spark…now if both of those are good you will have a timing issue…check and see if your CAS is in right and check to see if it has power…now if your injectors are not firing it will usually mean your CAS is shot if you are not getting cpark that will mean you have no igniton power or your CAS is shot and is not sending a signal to the ecu…or you ignitor is shot!

its a very basicl trouble shoot when your sr20 does not start…only a few things can go wrong…look over the FSM onm truble shooting and just play around…you will get it :slight_smile:

also make sure that you got oil pressure before you start that bad boy…afte revery sr20 swap i have done only 5 got oil pressure without having to prime them!

yeah i don’t have spanks… im gonna check my wiring… :oops:tomorrow night …