Help: Taxes

So…yeah.

I’ve never really done taxes before?

Don’t really know where too start.

I’ve worked 2 jobs this year.
One sent me a,
“Employee Reference Copy: Wage & Tax Statement” with W-2 written on it.
It shows all my wages made from the company that year and all this other stuff,

I assume i need too get one from the other job i worked also?

And then i think i need to get a statement from the bank for the bonds ive cashed this year?

other than that, i can’t make heads or tales of this stuff,
& i don’t trsut my father in doing it because it takes him a while sitting at the kitchen table and according too my mom he usually screws stuff up.
because he did it for my brother lastyear and he had too pay like 500 dollars.

any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have a mortgage?
Do you have a kid?
Do you have a business?
Do you have a lot of student loan debt?

If no to all I’m guessing you won’t come close to the standard deduction so just do the short form return where you plug in the numbers straight off the W2’s and interest statements you get from the bank and you’re done. I’m pretty sure you can even do it for free right from the IRS site.

Anyone used any of the “free” sights from the IRS website?

I’m thinking of using one of those instead of paying TurboTax the $90 for doing and e-filing them.

Anyone know where to get state done the cheapest? I am getting back $21, but it cost $29 to file on H&R blocks web site. So I obviously didn’t do that.

I think the one I used was FreeTaxUSA. It was an easy form to understand and I still got a descent refund like I expected. Paid someone to do my taxes the next year when I bought a house and realized it wasn’t much harder than the free site.

yeah, thats the one I usually use. I forgot the name of the other one though

edit: ahh, it was called taxslayer

only 10.00 to file online

Good, Freetaxusa was the one I was thinking of using this year instead of turbotax…

Liberty Tax service inside the Blvd mall usually does free taxes during certain times a year. Although I must warn you, some of their staff are retarded.