HELP! Which LSD fluid?

I’m changing the fluid for my Tomei 2-way LSD, I was looking for Motul 90 PA, but no1 locally has it availible.

What else is comparable?

is Motul gear 300 usable? how about the redline stuff? what should I use if i go with other brands like redline?

TIA!

I’m changing the fluid for my Tomei 2-way LSD, I was looking for Motul 90 PA, but no1 locally has it availible.

What else is comparable?

is Motul gear 300 usable? how about the redline stuff? what should I use if i go with other brands like redline?

TIA!

Tomei recommends 80W-90 (API GL-5 rated) oil. Buy anything that matches that. Just make sure you don’t buy anything synthetic.

edit: usually that type of oil is classified as gear oil. So you will probably have some luck buying it a transmission place. They should have Valvoline, Amsoil, Castrol, etc…

edit2: that Motul Gear 300 you mentioned wouldn’t be a good replacement. It’s 75W-90 plus it’s "100% Ester Based Synthetic"oil… whatever that means :slight_smile:

i just changed my diff and put new royal purple diff fluid like 30 bucks with with dodge diff additive its about 8 bucks for the bottle go to dodge parts counter ask for it. works good so far.

why not run sinthetic in the differential ?

I put royal purple in mine.

Nissan dealership sells a synthetic and non synthetic gear oil that they use in their vehicles with an lds.

I just stopped by Ford and picked up some friction modifier additive for my Tomei, still haven’t picked up the oil, but that will be regular GL-5 NON-synthetic as recommended.

Synthetic is ok to use in your factory VLSD but NOT OK in most clutch type LSD’s

I just had mine changed to synthetic,+ fluid for the LSD mix…i am not sure of the brands becasue the transmission place did it with the 5 speed swap…

whats bad about sinthetic in the LSD? i thought it was the best way to go thats kinda why i asked them to do it …hmmm

My car is just stock VSLD …so i guess this is ok.?

This is straight from KAAZ website (FAQ section)

"What type of gear oil should I use for my Kaaz Limited Slip Differential ( LSD ) ?

KAAZ “PowerTrain Gear Oil” has been specially blended to remove chatter and extend the LSDs life. All-synthetic gear oils should be avoided as they will make the LSD, more noisy in operation."

http://www.kaazuk.com/faq.php

what about royal purple

I am sure they have the Motul locally, the distributor is right by Steeles and Woodbine. I think Gilman Auto or N1 Auto is one of their retailer. I am using the Motul LSD oil in my diff.

Just as long as whatever you use meets the GL-XX rating then it’ll be good. The oil weight is another issue all by itself.