Diff oil...

I’m about to swap in a JDM s14 vlsd in a few days, and since im popping open the pumpkin, im gonna have to change the oil. From those that have changed it, what diff oil do you recommend from what is available out there?

I used REDLINE 75W90 Gear oil.

REDLINE SAE 75W90
API GL-5 Hypoid Gear oil
Highest performance in limted-slip and conventional differentials
-provides greatest gear protection available
-reduces differential and gearbox temperautres
-improves drivetrain efficiency up to 2-5%
-contains additive for limited-slip differentails
-recommended for API GL-5, GL-6, MT-1, MIL-L-2105E, and SAE J2360
-Compatible with petroleums and synthetics
-suitable for racing and street use
-excellent for high- & low-mileage differentials

:smiley:

Same here, the stuff works great.

I tracked my car last year and it held really good the first 3 times out to the track (this was pretty much 3 hours straight abuse each time), the 4th time I could start to really notice it slipping, mind you, there was quite a bit of street abuse in that period too.

I just picked up a couple more bottles, this season will get atleast one change part way through too.

Theo

What does this cost per litre?

I sell them $15/bottle. tax in.

ugh… motomaster 85W90 gear oil, comes in a 5L jug from CT, has a picture of a dump truck on it

ok so, so far we have numerous gear oil choices…wuts the real mcoy?

viscousity?
brand?
does it matter?
is there a substantial difference?

and theres some say about how much to put in…iver herd fill it till it comes out then cap it…iver herd 3 quarts…

1.2 - 1.4l is what the service manual says, so buy 3 bottles, then you have enough to do it twice.

the rest of the info you requested is a few posts up (there have been only 2 mentioned here and you really want to but some shit that has a pic of a dumptruck on it in your car?? :roll: )

hahahahahaha! a dump truck 8) thats classic…

maybe ill go with one with a pic of a motor cycle on it :slap:

Are you supporting the argument “it’s all the same”?

I’d like to know the actual benefit to using Redline as opposed to the dumptruck brand lol

I replaced my diff oil (probably first time in the cars life) with Redline and it made a noticeable difference…would I have noticed the same gains from any brand?

lol yeah, whatever, when i poured out the 15 year old oil out of my diff it was clean, and the reason behind the motormaster truck lube i went with is because vlsd oil takes extreme stress, and is changed rarely, and hence its mineral its thicker than synthetic hence the vlsd will function better, wellt hats my 2 cents…
and i did notice it work really good at track last year, i went to 6 track days of dorifting, while people kept saying vlsd sucks and doesnt lock up, i think its awsome, i can drift by power, and lift off, it locks up nicely when i feint into the corner with my ka-e in 3rd gear, i never use ebrake either, hence my diff locks up great
:wink:

but yeah motomaster sucks balls, (not being sarcasting, it just works great for my diff though)

REDLINE SAE 75W90
API GL-5 Hypoid Gear oil

good shlt

where can i buy this stuff man…crappy tire doesint sell good stuff like that… i need to go to a ferrari dealership bro :lol: