LSD Oil?

I’ve got some bottles of fresh 80w90, I’m told there is an additive that I need or will help with locking?

I can get the good stuff from my work (GM dealership)

just check out CT. it’s fairly common.

if its a vlsd than no additive will help it lock its a sealed unit keeping cool will help longevety. clutch types need additive

I read on here that the stock VLSD is a sealed unit, so you do not need to add a friction modifier to your fluid. I run Royal Purple in mine, and it has the limited slip additive allready in it anyways. Someone feel free to verify my info or correct me if I’m wrong.

this is true, if its a viscous LSD you won’t need friction modifier. Usually only in clutch type differentials.

Non viscous, but I’m reading a bit about this friction modifier and it seems to reduce locking to get smoother cornering…but I want aggressive differential properties for sidewhizzle action.

i use royal purple in all my vehicles. never ever had a complaint. accept that it leaks out of my 9" in my s15 (jimmy)

got it in my vlsd now, s-10 (clutch/cooko clock style) s15 full spool, and i’ve tried it with the old style spring posi. works awesome. just grab the viscosity the manufacture calls for . 75W90 80W90 145W90 there is so many. usually i put an additive in anyways…not gonna hurt it. plus it helps with the seals

I went to performance improvements to get 80w90, and they told me it only comes in 5gallon pails at $319. Had to settle for 75w90 @ $20/bottle

^ first off you went to Performance Improvements for sumthing…lol

I know, I’m ashamed too, but its the only place I could think of that sold Royal purple…

I go to Canadian tire, look on the shelves for a motomaster 4L jug with a cement mixer on the front sticker and i just fill up the diff with that. Best shit i’ve ever used.

hahaha.

dump truck brand really is the shit.

you don’t need anything more than that for a 240.

just make sure you don’t use it in the tranny too…

why nat.

it’s been in every tranny i’ve owned, works great.

me and some others have a 13 second 88 mx6 (soon to be 12s) that is rocking it for tranny fluid. it’s the fastest shifting stock tranny i have ever driven… and we don’t lift the throttle when we shift.

dump truck brand has done me no wrong.

your not suppose to use that in the tranny cuz its a GL-5. tranny prefers a GL-4 type oil. GL-5 is harder on the syncros.

yeeah, FAG!

…no I did notice harder shifting after putting the wrong stuff in the old s13. not night and day, but it progressively got shittier at shifting

I had a problem with a sticking clutches. As forementioned. I used GM LSD friction modifier. along with fresh GL-5 fluid, the difference was instant. No more rear end chatter. Feels very smooth.

I’m getting a very loud chatter right now, I assume it’s because my diff is probably bone dry. :S

quinn put fluid in it! GOGOGOGOGOGO

I have a fluid vacuum pump type of thing at work, I can pick it up tonight and you can throw some fluid in it tomorrow if you want.

get at me on msn later, brah!