Help with 4 Interview Questions?

Hear are 4 Interview questions I need to answer in a interview for class tmrw. Its for Sony for a lead marketing position if that makes a difference.

• How do you go about making important decisions?
• Describe the worst decision you ever made and how did you corrected it.
• What did you like about being in charge?
• How do you feel about your present workload?

Let me see who is professional here lol

1. Flip a coin
    2.I was drunk,dark n hairy so i pulled out
    3.he did whatever i said
    4.Workload? What workload? Thats y i have people beneath me on the chain…

Hope this helps u out man!

-assess the situation, research, prioritize.
-turbo’ing a honda accord, it’s still an issue.
-situational leadership, learning from other people.
-playing with animals isn’t enough, I require more challenging opportunities.

:beer:

1. Think through all options and write them down. Pros and cons on that. If still not able to decide, discuss with next management level up or other colleges at my level, if appropriate, and act accordingly.

2. The worst decision ever encountered was a product that shipped with a fairly obvious fatal program crash that was overlooked by testing and release management alike. I interrupted the process of shipping the product master media, recut with the fix, had testing re-verify, then slipped it into the inbox of the media duplication manager before that team even was alerted to the problem.

3. The ability to the shape future direction of the projects at hand in a team environment because the sum was greater than the parts.

4. Challenging and always looking for new avenues of exploration.

Actually rally good ideas there, definately some quality content…besides the accord thing :mad:

Any other college grads here? Give me some more suggestions. I have a few in mind but would like a well rounded answer for each question.

1. Keep the desired goal in mind while weighing the options. Take note of pros and cons of each. If it’s possible, research the different options and get solid facts to base your decision on.

2. Changing my major in school. Rather than blowing off the previous classes since they did nothing for the new major, I did well in them, took an extra semester, and ended up finding a job that I used both in anyhow.

3. The pressure keeps you motivated. It’s also a constant learning process.

4. At times it gets to be hectic, but it’s very rewarding when a job is completed. Keeping morale and motivation up amongst employees gets tough at times. It’s great to see the result of your decisions and effort show at the end of the year, however. Also great to see how far you have pushed the company’s boundaries into new territories.

I gave it a shot.

• How do you go about making important decisions? I would bullet point all possible outcomes, then think about the long term affect of each of the choices and go with the one that works best.

• Describe the worst decision you ever made and how did you corrected it.
Hmm, I can’t think of the worst decision, but recently I took on a project too eagerly. I didn’t think about how much effort it would take on our department to make a 3 hour dvd for another department. I corrected this by giving another option which turned out to be more liked the the original - make the dvd an online stream that international students can view.

• What did you like about being in charge?

I feel as though I can manage more projects and keep current on present projects when I know what’s going on with my employees. I can challenge them and also be involved with issues that arise.

• How do you feel about your present workload?
I manage about 90+ projects and although it can be stressful, knowing that it is manageable is very fulfilling.

:stuck_out_tongue:

HAha…NEVER admit your fault to this question! It’s just a mind game. This is a good time to show your humorous side, show them that you have a personality…catch them off guard and change the topic.

The worst is listening to someone ramble on about a time they fucked up. It’s like being forced to read a drunken Sleeper emo post that makes no sense. If you feel that you have to cite a situation, recall an actual experience related to your career path. Don’t make anything up, people can tell you are lying through your teeth. Body language is a big thing, show you have confidence in yourself.

Good Points again! You should teach my professional business communications class LOL

Sorry but I disagree. Everyone screws up, telling them that you never screw up makes it worse. It shows you think you are perfect. As you can see I didn’t ramble, and I showed how I turned it around. That is what they are looking for. I’ve taught interviewing courses and this is textbook…

(to the experts) Did I do OK? What could I have changed?

Sorry, I didn’t read that book, but textbooks aren’t ‘the say all, end all’. Obviously everybody employs different interviewing styles and everywhere you go theres going to be a different cast of characters. The ability of being able to read people and plan your game based on how they might react to your answers is key.

I never implied that he ‘should tell them’ he never screwed up or is perfect because nobody is. Your recovery from this question will show them how you would naturally handle a negative or unfortunate event. Remain calm, don’t ramble, it was only a suggestion. I was exemplifying a situation, not ridiculing your answer. gosh!

Saying this is self-pl0wn@ge

^ Again no one is perfect and to go through a job without mistakes will never happen. People except you to make mistakes and it’s how you handle them that shows if you are hireable or not :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

I should change that, no one is perfect except you!:love:

I agree with making querstions 2 something not pertaining to your current position. Its open to answer with something pertaining to your personal life, since it does not specify “work related” which leaves you with several options. Everyone made a mistake outside of work that they corrected smartly, use one of those.

Here’s a few for you college graduates. I have an interview with my company on Tuesday in Charleston, SC for an assistant manager position. The questions are “behavioral” type questions, and even tho I know what they are, I am still having a hard time.

“Tell me about a time when criticizing the status quo got you into trouble”
“Tell me about a time when you revitalized a stagnant team”
“Tell me about a time when your efforts at developing someone didnt work out like you expected.”

Just be honest with your answers. An interview isn’t a head game. I interview about 30 people a week, and you can tell when someone is bs’ing. Beyond that, everyone fucks up. It sounds stupid when you try and put a ‘good spin’ on a bad situation.

Be honest. If you have no experience with ‘reviatlizing a stagnant team,’ tell your interviewer that. But follow up with, “If i was faced with this situation, I would do x, y, and z.”