Help With Crome Pro

Here is my problem. I have a GSR block and B16 head, every thing is stock. Only thing it has is a full exhaust and cai. It idles at a 8 AFR. Never had this problem. Every time i adjust my fuel multiplier it leans out just a lil bit and then the idle gets choppy. Any one with ideas please send them. Fells like im driving a v8.

a easy check would be to verify good spark. If you are not completely burning what is coming in your AFR will read rich. That was a lesson I learned when I burned up a set of plugs in my turbo car. We were chasing all kinds of stuff and never thought to check the obvious. have you double checked the super obvious stuff like firing order on your plug wires (not even sure if they can be mixed up on that car.) is your map sensor plugged in?

Wouldn’t timing be more of a concern here? He swapped heads, so if the belt is a tooth off I would think that would make it look rich because the fuel isn’t burning completely right?

havent check the plugs will do tonight. cap rotor and wires are new. and the timing is right on. Map is plugged in. Do u think it is a bad map?

did the car ever run good? whats changed ?

its been this way since i put it together. it runs great but its just rich ass hell.

Ok, trying to do this via posting is probably going to prove difficult but here goes…First off, idling at 8 afr I hardly believe. That is rediculously rich. I’d seriously check your gauge/WB sensor. Also, if you have an aftermarket fp regulator, be sure you’re set at/around stock static pressure(meaning set the pressure by disconnecting the vac line and plugging it). When you lean it out, it probably won’t start breaking up til about 17ish. Adjusting your fuel multiplier to lean it out is soooooo all wrong in so many ways, meaning you’re going to jack up the rest of your fuel map by adjusting the multiplier. I’d start by adjusting your injector offsetting. Once you get your afrs around 14.5 ish then start driving the car to see where the rest of the map sits.
I suspect you have some shit map on there, because a stock p30 or p72 map would likely run the car pretty close to fine (well at least for cruising and driveability). From there you’d just want to tweak the map using WOT pulls.

ill try another wideband. Stock P72 map nothing else. Just fuel tools installed.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

and just changed the plugs still no change.

If you need me to look it over, I can. However it won’t be free. It will be cheap and worth every penny in reguards to tuning. But I have a ton of paying jobs and zero free time for charity unfortunately.