help with my car

vehicle: 99 eclipse gsx

so over the summer i threw a rob bearing and switched to a 6 bolt bottom end and before the car was done i switched to dsmlink (95 eprom ecu). car got done and we couldnt connect to the dsmlink. tried everything under the sun to try and connect even hardwiring it directly in and nothing. couldnt connect to the ecu at all. so i finally returned it and got greddy emanage ultimate as you dont have to go through the obdii port for it and you use the stock ecu. so i put it in and the greddy system itself works fine but for some reason the car wont idle for shit. checked the ecu already in someone elses car and it works fine. checked for leaks in the engine bay. i just dont get it. my car has been down for about 4 months now and no one can figure out why its doing what its doing. it sounds like its misfiring at idle but i changed the sparkplugs last week, as well as going back to the stock injectors just to see what would happen. when you rev it sometimes to about 2500 it will start to bog sometimes. any help would be appreciated. i just dont know anymore what it could be so i thought to post here and get some more ideas.

my focus was doing that at one point as well, i had it just a little too rich so it wasnt combusting properly, and the plugs were at stock gap of .055, and they needed to be .033 for boost. also my maf transfer function was corrupted so i had to erase the ecu and re-load my program.

What kind of plugs are you using?

Sounds like your timing is off. Did you check the position marks of the cam gears and the oil pump when you were putting the timing belt on? Since you have the greddy e-manage on, datalog the car. Plot out a chart showing RPM, timing, A/F ratio, and knock when the problem occurs. Post it up. It will be easier to narrow down the problem if we can see exactly what is changing where.

We tried both heat ranges…stock and bpr6es gapped @ .032

I have been randomly helping him with this but I remember him telling me his timing dropped at those rpm…almost to zero. No wideband so it is an estimated af ratio thats logged if any but I do remember seeing the target af chart is set properly. The Maf signal appears to be in target but its hard to tell.

John…post up some logs.

good advice guys. Thanks.

do you have an a/f ratio gauge ?

i know they are a crappy device for tuning , but they at least worrk as a trouble shooting measure. they will obviously show “to rich to run” and “to lean to run” conditions and allow you to make quick guestimate type adjustments to the a/f ratio

i wouldnt expect the plug heat range to screw you up at idle either because your not pushing the engine hard. ive seen people with waaaay wrong heat range plugs have cars that idle fine. same thing goeas for gap. hell ive gapped plugs to an insane gap b4 and had the car idle fine.

is the misfire at idle a constant miss fire or intermitent ? are the plug wires new or old ?

Timing should be set at spec. both in the ignition advance and cam timing.

It ran somewhat fine with no tune to it at idle and 2500 during the cam break in.

I know as far as the engine goes that should all be fine. Perhaps the 90 cas is taking a poop.

With out any logs or physically looking at the car there is no help anyone can give you.

the misfiring is intermitent. and the plug wires are new. i will try and get some logs on here. how would i know if the cas is taking a poop as you put it don.