Need some SR help

So I have just installed my 97 S13 SR which was already installed in a 89 coupe and the wiring harness was already spliced and working fine in the 89.
When I start it, it idiles at about 1600 even when it is hot, it splutters and shakes and is running rich as hell since there is black smoke coming out of the exhaust and my plugs are completely black.

The weird thing is there is no codes on the ecu, even when I diconnected the maf and the O2 plug the engine also runs the same with those disconnected. I swapped in another maf sensor and still the same.

I think the ecu is not getting the signal, It drives fine when i go slow but as soon as i give it gas and it boosts it backfires and losses power. So what can it be.

did you disconnect the throttle position sensor (when the engine is hot) and then turn it on, it should idle like pooh, there is a screw in the throttle body to allow you to adjust your base idle. then plug in your throttle position sensor and the ECU will adjust for target idle.

When the ECU goes without power this usually helps
I assume you are using the correct plugs/gap

I use BKR6E-11 copper NGK (I think thats the number) gapped to .032 but .035 is reccommended (I believe)

Check for a boost leak.

The idle air control is turned all the way down.

There is no boost leak and my blow off valve doesn’t go off.

Im gonna try to swap the ecu since there is a big dent in mine.

So whos got a 97 spec S13 SR ecu?

sorry my blacktop runs a 62 blitz tune

I can still try it just to see if its the ecu.

Just to update my problem, I borrowed another 62 redtop ecu and it started and ran perfect…but as soon as you turn the car off it will not start again.
Its getting spark and fuel and it cranks over and over but it wont start.

Now it gets even weirder, I put in my old 62 ecu and it starts but runs like crap again.So I turned it off and put in the borrowed ecu and it started right up again ideling at 900. I turn it off and it doesn’t start again!!

Its only starts if I try my ecu first then the the borrowed one its so weird, im puzzled. I will need to try an E5 ecu and take my alarm out since it is wired to the ignition and maybe that might be my problem.