SR Problem

Hey guys

I got an SR running but with a few problems though.

I’m running a blacktop SR with E5 ECU, stock sidemount intercooler, stock everything.

It boosts ok, but I have no tach (since the tach is from a SOHC), and coolant temperature sensor might be the wrong one… (from an s14).

Now here’s my problem:

Car starts and runs fine except when it’s warm. When it’s warm, it wouldn’t start. Worse yet, after a few runs, and I’m just crusing, it sometimes cuts all the power and the car stalls, and dies on the side of the road.

The car was fully working and running fine a week before with the SOHC motor.

Any suggestions / help will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Souljourner

that doesnt make any sense(about the tach), i dont think. :? ,

check your vaccum lines! and i’m pretty sure applesauce is right, you need the s13 temp sensor. If the car is overheating the car shuts off, so it may think that the car is overheat even though it is not.

Are S13 KA and S13 SR temp sensors interchangable?

Thanks

what do you mean “cuts all the power” does ignition cut or fuel or both? If you have trouble starting when warm this could point to leaky injectors.

I’m not sure if it is the injectors, but this engine (SR20) was just in another car and running perfectly fine before.

ecu :wink:

Sound like fuel to me. Check the pump and the wiring. You upgraded the fuel pump, and changed the filter, right?

-Martin.

Turns out to be the ECU. I put in a friend’s ECU and nwo it’s running %100

Anyone got an ECU for sale?

hey man i got a cheap de tach / whole cluster if you want it